“Artist hosts the entire incredible exhibition.”

Yoda Guy Movie Exhibit
Book In Advance
More Info
US$12.00*
and up
Yoda Guy Movie Exhibit Tour in St Maarten
Ranked #3 of 56 things to do in Philipsburg
More attraction details
Owner description: The Yoda Guy Movie Exhibit, nestled amongst Front Street's duty free jewelry stores, is possibly the most surprising enterprise in the Caribbean. Who would expect to find Darth Vader, Pinhead from HELLRAISER and Riddley Scott's ALIEN in St Maarten? But this unprecedented showcase has that and a whole lot more. There are displays that span six decades of movie making, relics from THE TERMINATOR, MEN IN BLACK and even THE MALTISE FALCAN. There's also an incredible collection of lifecasts, the actual faces of Hollywood stars, From Bogart & Brando, though Sean Connery & Jack Nicholson to Michael Jackson, Johnny Depp & Angelina Jolle. The collection is extended to include famous historical figures too… the actual faces of Abraham Lincoln, (cast 3 months before his assassination), Benjamin Franklin and George Washington, (cast in. 1778 and 1783 respectively by french sculptor Jean Antoine Houden), and death masks of both Oliver Cromwell, (1658) and Vladimir Lenin (1924). The Exhibit is the brainchild of Hollywood creature effects wizard Nick Maley, known as "that Yoda Guy" for his contribution to the creation of Yoda for the STAR WARS sagas. If you don't know who Nick is, just google his name. He made over 50 movies, including SUPERMAN, HIGHLANDER, KRULL & LIFEFORCE, worked with Hollywood legends like Sean Connery, Sir Anthony Hopkins and Harrison Ford, (you will see them all in the exhibit), was featured in CINEMAX and HBO specials, won a place in THE GUINNESS BOOK OF WORLD RECORDS and was nominated for an EMMY. Nick shares his professional perspective on the making of famous movies via DVD and, if you are lucky enough to find him there, he will dedicate purchases from the Yoda Guy Shop and do photos with customers. The Shop sells signed movie memorabilia, posters, antique STAR WARS comics, behind the scene photos and storyboards… unique autographed slices of STAR WARS history that become a legacy to pass on through the family. There's also Nick's celebrated Caribbean artwork, (exhibited in galleries in 18 countries and toured the world with UNESCO. Nick and his wife Gloria have created the Yoda Guy Movie Museum Foundation, a not for profit group to oversee the Exhibit's development. Don't miss this once in a lifetime opportunity to support the museum and visit a STAR WARS celebrity. It is recommended on all major cruise lines as a MUST SEE for art and movie fans.
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Artist was very friendly and forthcoming about his trade with my 6 yr old. My son was so into Star Wars exhibits that he remained Yoda mode all day. Kids and Adults alike cherished interacting with Sir Yoda Guy. Meets any Star Wars fans expectations with ease and grace.

1  Thank Carmelo J

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Keeping in mind that this is not an attraction for everyone, anyone who has ever watched a science fiction movie or television show will appreciate the memorabilia and a chance to chat with Nick and his lovely wife. They are both happy and eager to share their experiences with any and all visitors. They have many pieces available for purchase and Nick will sign the purchases and will pose for photos. The trip through the museum was the biggest surprise for me. I expected to see some items of interest from movies I had seen but the collection is much more extensive and interesting than I was prepared to experience. I did not allow enough time and could have easily spent 2 hours taking it all in. I hope to visit again and give it the time it deserves. The purchases I made are treasures for me but the best part was talking with the proprietors. These are people who were part of the movie making experience for many of the movies I love. This is a better memory than any jewelry I might have purchased.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Interresting place if you are into Star Wars memrobilia, the actual person who made Yoda live in this house having a display of things and artifacts from those movies. Hard core fans must enter.

1  Thank gobystolsvik
Reviewed 28 July 2014

If you are any type of movie fan I suggest you visit this place for the great chance to speak with Nick Maley. I walk around port on a cruise day this past July, and happened to spot this gem. My fiancee and I are huge StarWars fans and they did have any of the handmade posters of our favorite characters, Lando and Boba, together. I asked the lady if she could put together a unframed poster within my price range, and she was more than helpful. I was able to choose the classic cards, pictures, and yoda pictures. Mr. Maley was in the back and I thanked him for his work and inspiration, and we talked for over 30 minutes about the origional trilogy, the newer trilogy, and the ideas about the upcoming movies. He was so insightful, and it was surreal to be talking to someone who is still in contact with the classic characters of the StarWars trilogy. He was funny, very responsive to questions, and supportive of the new developments being made in the cinema. I walked though the exhibit, and it was fun and not too long. I was able to take a picture with him in front of Yoda, and he even let me hold the special edition lightsaber on display!

Although it might look simple and small, the opportunities of just walking in to catch him and support this venue is worth it. He is amazing, his staff was so helpful and accommodating, and it was really the highlight of my cruise! I wish I could thank him for the inspiration and great time I had.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We had read so many good things about this exhibit that we wanted to see it. We walked in and upstairs to see if anyone was there. Apparently, we entered an area that was off limits, without paying an entrance fee. At that point, the Yoda Guy got up from his seat somewhere, to ask what we were doing and to tell us that we had to pay to go into the museum. We felt like children being reprimanded for simply trying to locate a person in the museum/store. We decided that we would spend our time and money elsewhere, where we felt more welcome.

5  Thank Lou P
YodaGuy, Owner at Yoda Guy Movie Exhibit, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

This reviewer fails to mention that to get into the museum he had to open a gate which had a sign saying PLEASE DO NOT ENTER in letters 4 inches high and one inch high "ask for access". It is impossible to miss this sign. I don't think it is unreasonable to question people who deliberately ignore procedures.