“Good People, Good Experience”
Review of Royal Jewelers

Royal Jewelers
Ranked #30 of 64 Shopping in Philipsburg
Reviewed 4 June 2013

During our visit in Sint Maarten we planned on shopping for some jewelry and a new watch if we could find a good deal. We ended up walking the entirety of Front St. before landing in this gem of a shop. First off, it didn't have AC and was about half the size of most of the shops, which for us was a good thing - it meant we were likely to get a better deal.

Anyways, the owners inside were very personable and you could tell it was a family run shop. My girlfriend and I both found a few things that interested us and the owners were not pushy and were willing to negotiate. We ended up leaving to check out a few more stores, only to return after not finding any better deals.

In the end we are glad we went with RCJ and not another big name shop. I would have given this review 5 stars but a week later back in the states, two diamonds fell out of the ring my gf bought. HOWEVER, the owners at RCJ were more than helpful and offered to have it shipped to a USA shop to have the diamonds replaced and all other prongs tightened to prevent it in the future, at no charge!

Good people, good customer service and you can't beat a family owned shop.

1  Thank Dr3wS4L
"customer service"
"wings"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 3 May 2013

For nearly 15 years I have walked the boulevard of Philipsburg shopping when I go to St Maarten each year. Sometimes I have walked into every jewellery store looking for a special gift for my wife. Almost always I end up at the same store; Royal Jewelers. I like their stuff and they always give a good price. What's more, I am buying from a family man, Vince, or his wife who own the shop. It is nice to support good people who make me feel like family too. Cruise ships tell you to avoid stores that are not on their preferred list, they say it is to keep you safe. Royal Jewelers to my knowledge has not been on their stupid lists. Go and give this family business a try and you will see too that they are the best in town.

2  Thank David E
Reviewed 25 March 2013

When in St Maarten, a must stop is Royal Jewelers. My husband and I first stopped in to see Vince 6 years ago after visiting his parents' shop in St Thomas. Vince and his family have ties close to our hometown, so we always like to "shop local". We have been to this store twice since then and have always been treated like family. Vince always welcomes you with a big smile and a beer.
Our most recent trip to Royal Jewelers was just two weeks ago. My husband and I were wanting to get an anniversary band made for myself for our 25th anniversary. When we told Vince what we were looking for, he was more than accomodating. He gave us a very fair price for a custom made ring. That is what I like about shopping here, the prices are very fair and negotiable. Vince will be making my ring for me and shipping it to the states all within a 3 week time period.
This store is always a must stop for us while in St Maarten whether it's to purchase jewelery or just to visit and have a beer. This store definitely makes you feel like family.

3  Thank Terri124