“Great deals”
Review of AMA Jewellers

AMA Jewellers
Ranked #19 of 64 Shopping in Philipsburg
More attraction details
Owner description: AMA your "Friendly Island Jewelry"... home of the Free Heineken!
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great deals”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Went on a bus trip down to Phillipsburg. We had taken a cab down few days earlier and walked in some of the jewelry stores but I did find that AMA was the best deals. They did work with you so I got a lot for my money of quality jewelry

Visited August 2014
Ama J, Manager at AMA Jewellers, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Thank you very much for your review. We have good deals through out year. Hope to see you on your next visit to SXM.
If you are interesting in anything else do not hesitate to contact us at: customerservices@amajewelers.com

Knoxville, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A jewel of a trip!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We are having a wonderful stay at the Atrium Festiva Resort in Sumpson Bay. The activities desk assisted us in getting a free air-conditioned bus ride into Philisburg for the morning, compliments of AMA Jewellers, located at 35 Frint St. Don was our guide into town. Very charming, Canadian born gentleman who escorted us to AMA Jewellers for free wine or Hienekens while enjoying hassle free shopping at a truly first class jewelers, we had a time for lunch and to shop other stores. Then, hopped back on the bus and safely deleted back to the hotel in time for an afternoon at the beach,

Visited August 2014
Ama J, Manager at AMA Jewellers, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
We love your title on the review. Everything is in our disposal for the convenience of our clients. You are our "Jewels". We hope to see soon to enjoy our "Dutch Coffee".
Winchester, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great Service and Great Product”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We were so pleased with our AMA experience! My family and I had done a bus trip to Philipsburg from our resort through AMA and they took such good care of us.
There was absolutely no pressure to buy; we left the store to walk around Philipsburg and were not made to feel bad for doing so. That helped encourage us to come back and buy later after we looked around! We did not go to Philipsburg to buy anything in particular but I walked out of AMA with two sets of earrings, my husband with a watch, and my daughter with a necklace. Plus my mother walked out with a beautiful watch as well.
Also, when my 2 year old daughter broke her necklace a few days later I spoke with Don when he was at our resort again and he fixed the necklace that day and returned it to the resort! Can you ask for better service than this?
We also loved the free refreshments; it's plenty hot there and a little water or beer goes a long way to making our day even better. Best of all; no buyer's remorse when we returned to the States; we are so happy with our purchases and I get lots of compliments on my earrings. Thanks, for a great day in Philipsburg!

Visited July 2014
Ama J, Manager at AMA Jewellers, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Our main goal is to make our clients happy and make them feel at home. For this reason we strive to better our customer services everyday. Waiting for your visit once more and please do not forget that AMA Jewellers is the house of the "Free Heineken"!.
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great customer service/Good prices”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Got a free ride to Philipsburg from Don of AMA, from out our hotel in Maho. Great guy, funny,very knowledgeable about the island. Went to the store were we are offered free "Dutch coffee" and the use of their washroom.

Never got a chance to visit other stores because Dinesh gave us a very good price about the bundle prices that we got (ring set, tennis bracelet, necklace, and a watch)

Will definitely go back from our next vacation.

Visited May 2014
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Ama J, Manager at AMA Jewellers, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Thanks for your positive comments. We'll be waiting to meet you again on your next vacation to serve you as you deserve, do not forget to ask for your "Dutch Coffee"
Hamilton, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“No Commission - No Pressure - Excellent Quality!”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I have been dealing with Jordan at AMA for for about 18 years. (I just got back from 16th trip to St. Maarten). The quality is outstanding and the price is too. They don't work on commission which means I am, and have never been, pressured to buy anything. How many SXM jewellers can honestly say that?

I have never had as many wonderful comments on jewellery bought at home; in fact, I don't buy jewellery at home anymore. All of my jewellery comes from AMA. I buy from them every time I go (and so does my husband). Watches, rings, necklaces, bracelets, anything you want. If you have a specific design you would like - they will build it!

I have referred a number of friends who have all come back extremely happy with their purchase.

I have always had excellent service from friendly staff. Don, Arti and Jordan are always wonderful to talk to and always happy to help you get what you are looking for.

Give Bigg a hug for me!!!

Visited June 2014
Ama J, Manager at AMA Jewellers, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Such satisfaction is our reason to be. It makes us extremely happy to meet your expectations year after year. Will be more than glad to see you again. Bigg sending special greeting!