“We Found a Real Gem!”

Pearl Gems
Ranked #21 of 64 Shopping in Philipsburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Pearl Gems is renowned for carrying the largest selection of pearls as well as a distinctive selection of fine quality diamond jewelry.
Lake Worth, Florida
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“We Found a Real Gem!”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Shopping in Philipsburg, St Maarten during our port of call while on our cruise. We discovered this wonderful little jewelry store run by Anita Nebhwani and her lovely assistant. My wife was very impressed with the beautiful selection of jewelry pieces. I liked that we were allowed to browse and there was no pressure. My wife found a couple of items she really liked and I was very pleased with the reasonable prices. I mentioned that we were in port as part of our cruise and Anita offered us a small additional discount. Anita gave us her business card and assured us that if we ever had a problem with our purchase to contact her for assistance. We will definitely visit this Gem again next time we are there and we have already recommended this shop to friends going there soon.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Greg H

Bromont, Canada
141 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 116 helpful votes
“Good service and good prices”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We were in St Maartin on march 9th whilst on a cruise. I was looking for earings matching a necklace composed of tanzanite and australian opale on gold.
As we were there on a sunday, only a few jewelryies were opened.
So we started to shop with only a few stores opened. Pearl gems was the 3rd store we entered in. Previous two were too expensive for our budget.
We found at Pearl Gems what we manted; the salesperson was not pushy; he gaved us ample time to discuss models and prices. The price had to fall within our budget. And it did.
They were happy to sell and we were also because we got what we wanted.
Overall a good experience.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank B265
Benfleet, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“PEARL GEMS - A GEM OF A STORE”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We recently visited St Maarten whilst on a cruise with a view to buying some pearl earrings and a diamond ring.

We found the calm, attentive service in the Pearl Gems store a haven compared to some of the other jewellery shops in Philipsburg.

We purchased our ring and earrings without any pressure selling from the staff, who were very polite and helpful. The prices we paid, compared to the UK were brilliant.

Upon our return home we received a card from Pearl Gems thanking us for our custom and ensuring of us their full attention if we had any problems with our purchases.

An excellent experience and we would thoroughly recommend Pearl Gems and will definitely return in the future.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Stannett-Reynolds
Downers Grove, Illinois
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Great find in Philipsburg”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

In St. Maartin for a few weeks in November, overlapped my birthday. Husband wanted to get me a pearl bracelet as gift, so we headed to Philipsburg. VERY disappointed at the first 4 shops we went into (or maybe I am just old and out of fashion!)....but nothing much in selection at all and certainly no pearl strands as bracelets.
Then we stumbled on Pearl Gems: victory! Very nice selection of single, double and triple strand bracelets, prices very very reasonable. But most important, owner really knew her stuff. She was not pushy, but suggestive in good ways. Helped me find a smaller size that was more comfortable.
Then spent a lot of time discussing black pearls with me, knowing I had no intention of buying anything beside the white pearl bracelet. Just attentive without being pushy!
When we got home and I opened package, there was a pair of single white pearl studs stuck in! I'm sure not expensive, but just a lovely gesture, that they had not felt the need to point out. I wear them all the time :)
Got my longed for bracelet in a nice experience.

Visited November 2013