“dont step foot in diamonds international”

Diamonds International
Ranked #23 of 64 Shopping in Philipsburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 17 April 2014

i would never purchase from diamond international again if you don't like what you have purchased that will only offer you a store credit. this is not a good company to do business with. keep your money and buy from someone in then USA. Make sure we get everything in writing and look at the terms and condition sheet as well. This is a bunch a shady business people. Carnival Cruise lines should be embaressed

2  Thank daniel m
in 37 reviews
"wedding band"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Do not step foot in this store! My fiancé bought me a crown of light brown diamond and a matching pendant, totaling $12,000. When we got home I took the pendant out of the box and saw that the chain was a cheap sterling silver chain. After many many phone calls and no return calls I finally got a RMA to return it, and they had the nerve to charge us $1100 for it! Now I'm calling repeatedly for the certs of authenticity as we are getting that ring appraised. I have called 5 times with no response for the certificate. I'll never set foot in a diamonds international again.

4  Thank lovestotravel91
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Diamonds international in St. Maarten and the entire company, along with Norwegian Cruise Lines is basically an organized crime syndicate. The 'shopping consultants', Mark and Candice are the main accomplices in this crime. They get a group of fools (like me and my wife) to sit through a sales presentation, and they tell you what great deals you're going to get on these islands. They tell you only to shop at a few particular stores or you will pay more, get ripped off, etc. When you get into DI, they start lowing the prices so you think you're getting an even better deal. All the while, they're really selling you cheap, inferior junk. When you leave the store, you're stuck with it FOREVER, as they have a ZERO RETURN policy once you get back home. We bought a $1250 sterling silver (we thought it was white gold) and tanzanite ring. Once we started looking around at stores in Indianapolis where we live and even on the DI website, we see this ring is really worth about $300. However, you're stuck. You can never return it!!

I will file a claim with my credit card and hopefully that will help More than anything, I will post on every website, blog, Facebook, and anyplace else I can to warn people. If you go on Norwegian (the Getaway or any other ship), avoid the skilled liars Mark and Candice and avoid DI altogether. Just go sit on the beach, eat or buy a t-shirt or something. PLEASE don't waste your money on these Mafiosos!!

9  Thank Tom K
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Stopped at Diamonds International in Phillipsburg to purchase a chain for my stingray pendant. The sales lady was friendly and helpful. She found just what I wanted. Unfortunately, she accidentally dropped by pendant when switching the chain. My $500.00 Valentine's Day present - broken. Shattered. I was devastated. The store manager, Ramish, could care less. Not his problem. Didn't want to give his name. No apologize. Not his responsibility. No phone number. No email. Just a nasty soul. I will never shop at Diamonds International again. Upon returning home and talking to friends - I guess they've had similar unpleasant experiences at Diamonds International. Wish I would have known before.

5  Thank lori b
See more reviews
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I needed a watch and was looking for one around $500. I attended the port shopping seminar on board my cruise ship and went to the first DI store where there was supposed to be a "Scotch and Watch" event. That wasn't happening but I got to looking at watches, finally settling on a Zenith watch that retailed for........$13900!!!! After a lot of dickering, I paid $11700, which was supposed to be an "unheard of discount" from retail, according to my ship's watch buying expert. I was also told that Zenith controlled what their retailers could discount their watches and that I was getting a rock bottom discount as I was the first customer of the day (which I was). The "manager" even made a show of "calling the home office" to get an extra 5% off for me. When I got home I looked this watch up on the web and found it for the price of $9313, everywhere I looked. I understand that it costs more to have a bricks and mortar store and don't have a problem paying more for the opportunity to hold a product such as this in my hands before buying. I also went to the Zenith website and nowhere could I find that DI is an authorized distributor for them....will do more research on this.

I do have to say I love the watch, and it loves me. The reason I am giving this "poor" rating is to let people know they will not receive an "unheard of discount" when buying from this company in the islands. They do have quality items (I did get a very nice tanzanite stone for $597/carat, from what I can find that was a good price), just watch :-) the prices and don't get sucked in by the VERY heavy handed sales techniques. Live and learn......I guess I am lucky to get this lesson and that it only cost me $2400.

6  Thank brotherbruno