“Authentic French Caribbean restaurant”
Review of La Vie en Rose - CLOSED

La Vie en Rose
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We had 'petite dejeuner' at this restaurant in Marigot. The coffee was strong and tasty, the croissants were fresh and crisp, the French pancake with chocolate-nut mousse delicious.
Except for the fellow visitors of this terrace who all smoked cigarettes like the smoke stack of an old steam-boat, this place is well worth the visit.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

The food was excellent and the waiter was very nice. The place is one of the only with a/c in Marigot, that's worth the visit.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

We only had the opportunity to eat lunch here once, but next time I'll be here more often! We were the only couple in the restaurant for a late lunch. The gentleman behind the bar and our young lady server were very friendly, helpful but did not hover or interrupt. The interior was very simple and charming, rustic.

We had grilled fish with a silken beurre blanc, I could take a bath in! We also had seafood crepes. I think it's illegal to eat in a French restaurant and never order crepes. It was served with a light salad and was perfect. Simple does not mean it won't be wonderful, and they have figured that out here. If you muck about with ingredients too much you won't taste anything. Fresh ingredients cooked properly allow the flavors to shine.

From what I've enjoyed and from others I've spoken with go and visit La Vie en Rose. No matter what you order you'll be pleased.

1  Thank GARNERSINMH
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

My family and I had a wonderful breakfast there, the food was excellent and the owner was very friendly courteous. A lot of options on the menu. My wife loved the bacon, and my kids loved the crapes. I had an excellent omelette.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

On a tour of the island, we stopped for 90 minutes in Marigot for lunch and sightseeing. We decided on La Vie en Rose and weren't disappointed. The food was great and the service was good. I did want to climb up to Fort Louis to take pictures of Marigot but the service was a little slow and never got the opportunity. Other than that, it was a very nice place to eat and being on a corner, it was a good place for people watching.