“Wonderful food, service, and setting”
Review of Mario's Bistro - MOVED

Mario's Bistro
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 30 November 2013

The title of this review says it all. The restaurant is set on a canal. It is has an elegant, open atmosphere. The service could not be more attentive. And then there is the food. The spices the chef uses makes the high quality food shine. Discuss your preferences with the waiter and you will be guided to a meal that you will long remember.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Love the food, love the service, love the servers, fish put on a great show. Hate the parking but put up with it because the place is so great.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Last night of the holiday definitely saved the best till last. Onion soup to die for followed by sea bass with a light curry sauce on a bed of vegetables, my wife had a super starter of mushrooms with a delectable sauce followed by a ravioli of scallops wow. Nice bottle of wine and excellent service. Not expensive for the quality served. Sorry I'm going home tomorrow but the restaurant will stay with me.
Can't say best on Island as I didn't visit them all but it was the best I visited.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

I have been coming to St Maarten for over 20 years. The first thing I do after check in is make a reservation for dinner at Mario's sometime during my two week stay. Yes, you do need to make a reservation as soon as possible. It's that good and that popular. If you are looking for a quiet, romantic evening with the best food on the island--this is the place--the only place! Be sure to say "Bon Soir" to Didier!

Reviewed 19 November 2013

We made reservations here our first night on the island as we were unable to get in last February. Sat by the water and experienced great food as well as service. Mario stops by your table several times to ensure all is well, but all the staff were attentive and up to the minute on our meal and our needs. Had the lamb, which included two generous chops cooked to perfection. But the real treat was a creative shredded lamb shank in a cannoli. To die for flavors and tender beyond words. Sides were the wonderfully inventive French veggies I've come to love and expect on St. Martin. A delightful evening, deliciously different meal!