“Nice view but tread with caution”
Review of Paradise Peak

US$115.00*
St Martin Helicopter Tour
Ranked #4 of 28 things to do in Marigot
More attraction details
Owner description: Those who hike to the top of the island's highest mountain are rewarded with wonderful views.
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I found this spot on a map so my husband and I decided to give it a try. I spoke to the front desk of our hotel and asked if it was safe. They made me feel stupid for asking, giving me looks and telling me I had nothing to worry about. We finally found the little sign and turned up the road. We drove up the mountain in our little rental car and came to a closed gate. The only way left was up. We hiked up this steep hill, made it to the top and got lost for a minute there. The peak is to the right, we went left. When we finally reached the top, the view was nice. A dog had followed us up the mountain and met us at the top. She followed us down too. There were 2 other couples walking up the mountain as we were coming down. I felt nervous being so secluded but felt better when I saw other couples. After reading the terrible reviews, I would advise anyone planning to go there to tread with caution. The view is not worth the risk and had I known how dangerous it was, I wouldn't have gone.

3  Thank Flossboss32
There are newer reviews for Paradise Peak

Reviewed 10 August 2013

My husband and I hiked to the top of this peak via Loterie Farm on July 31, 2013 given we like a good hike and we read it can be dangerous to drive to the peak. Well, make sure you are in darn good shape if you do the entire hike to the very top--it's a doozy! We are both very athletic and have done some mountain hiking before, but combine that with high heat/humidity and LARGE rocks to climb over and it will push you even a seasoned hiker to his/her limits. We were soaked with sweat when we reached the top. As if we weren't wet enough....a thunderstorm rolled in and I was rushed to take my pics. My husband decided that it was too wet to hike back down the way we came (feared slipping and falling/injury) and claimed our best bet was to hike down the crime-ridden road that lead back to Loterie Farm. I was mortified after reading about all the theft and thugs on this road, but then again we come from a crime ridden state and it wasn't much different or more dangerous than walking through certain parts of Delaware. It was storming its butt off as we hiked back down, and I grabbed a large stick just in case we needed it. All we had on us was $20 and my camera so any would-be thief would have been disappointed, but I didn't want some dirtbag running off with my precious pics! Luckily, the only people we saw were other hikers driving up and down the little mountain road. In fact, a very friendly French couple even offered us a ride just as we approached Loterie Farm. I loved the hike and the views, just wish it hadn't stormed. I DO NOT advise others to hike back down the road as we did; I think we lucked out because the storm scared off all the thugs. It is very remote and desolate up there....hike back via Loterie Farm and make sure it's not going to storm that day.

1  Thank BeachLiz
Reviewed 31 May 2013

we went all the way to the top by car (my health is not good enough to walk the whole route) and there is little place to park your car, or turn you car. You have to climb a little further to the real top, through bushes. I had to rest couple of times because it was quite steep, but I finally made it and was rewarded with some views.

I loved the views on top, but there aren't any any signs on top to guide to you to the look out points. that was kinda strange, we had to keep walking differents paths, even went a long way down, which wasn't going anywhere really (i think it was another way to climb to the top).

you have 2 view points, one on the side of marigot, but its next to a radiotower and you have to find to path to get behind it. This viewpoint was nice, but the other one was better. This was free of radiotowers and it had an magnificent view over oyster pond etc, really really nice!

2  Thank Kikimaniek
Reviewed 23 March 2013

A steep drive up (about 2 km) with little room for passing another car. Not much room at the top to park but there is a steep footpath to the very peak. The 'Loterie Farm' resort (restaurant, pool, extreme zip lines) is worth a visit although expensive. A little higher is a viewing platform with magnificent panoramas.

10  Thank Roger C
Reviewed 20 March 2013

Zip-line/obstacle course is fun....not as extreme as some other places, so it's a good beginner experience. Be sure to arrive before cruise ship groups!

1  Thank ORRNROSE