Le Beach Hotel
  • Room Service
  • Pool
  • Pool
View Hotel
Travel Inn Hotel(Simpson Bay)
View Hotel
Turquoise Shell Inn(Simpson Bay)
View Hotel
All reviewsocean viewmarigot bayair transatminute walkgrand casenoisy roadbuffet breakfaststreet sidefort louisthe hotel offerssmall fridgevacation packageice machinelocal busesdesk staffsint maartenclose to town
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 January 2013

We have been there in Jan2013. Not a resort, not a luxury place, but instead a charming tradicional hotel, french taste and 50´s style. the rooms are good in size. the seafront rooms - with the waves souding, are far better than those street-front ( but not noisy )
It is quite near Marigot, 5 min walking and there´s an interesting supermarket 2 min walking opposite to downtown Marigot
Good air conditioning, although tradicional, buut not noisy
Rent a car. Taxis are a bit expensive for these short trips ( Hotel airport 20 US to 40 Us depending on how many people )

Room Tip: seafront! you´ll get the incredible view to Anguilla
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 January 2013

It's only a couple more months before they shut this place down and completely re-model so I'm not sure this review is worth the effort but, I owe this place a HUGE debt of gratitude so I'm writing it anyways. First I would like to explain that in a rush to join another couple in a Taxi to the Port I grabbed my back pack, hoisted my luggage in to the trunk and jumped in the Taxi. Not until we reached the Port, about 20 minutes away did I realize that I had left my purse, with my Passport and lots of cash, in front of the Hotel. A frantic phone call to the Hotel, after a total out of body panic experience, connected me with the front desk lady who assured me that she had seen my purse and now had it behind the desk. Everything was untouched. For this I am SO grateful. As for the Hotel itself, I booked it because of it's location, walking distance to Marigot and on the beach....literally, the waves roll up under your deck. My expectations were simple, fully recognizing the on going battle with the elements and the climate that I had chosen to spend time in. I was not expecting luxury. It was clean, it was simple, it was fine. I prefer Hotels that reflect the area I am visiting rather than something generic that could be in any city. I was always able to get a smile out of the front desk people. If you are nice your chances of having people be nice in return are greater. The beach was facing the wrong way in the morning for good sun exposure....can you really complain about this? I don't think so. I swam, I laid in the sun, downhill and backwards, that's all I needed. Nice fluffy towels, plenty of beach loungers available. The big posters depicting the renovations look wonderful. I will return for sure. And, if the Hotel Manager, or someone in a high position reads this wonderful review, could I please have one of the adorable brass and porcelain antique shower fixtures? Really. Don't just throw them out!!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 2bamboo
Reviewed 17 January 2013

This was our first trip to SXM and this hotel was convenient to the marina where we would pick up our charter boat the night we first arrived in town. That is probably the nicest thing I can say about it, or even the area.

We arrived around 11PM to find everything shut down, not just the hotel bar and restaurant, but everything in the surrounding area as well. Apparently theft has become an issue as we had to be let in by a security guard who immediately chained the front door behind us again.

Next time I will look someplace else even if I do have to be in Marigot

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 January 2013

This property is scheduled for a major renovation in spring 2013. BEst to just wait until after that. It MAY be worth what they charge for a room rate after that. It is dated, worn, and shabby. The breakfast is ok, thought I am not sure how they get the bacon to be soggy and burnt and undercooked so consistently every time. We stayed 2 nights, 1 before a charter trip and 1 after and were wholly unimpressed. When we arrived the first night there was a huge chain in the parking lot and a GIANT padlock on the front door. The security guard told us there had been an armed robbery several weeks prior. Everything was closed on the french side as well so we had to take a cab to the dutch side to eat dinner. It ended up being a $90 cab ride with the surcharge for time of day. Unreal. Island view is of the road and is just as shabby as the property. The beach is virtually washed away, and the pool was small and cold and dirty. I cannot believe we paid to stay there. They should have paid us. The bed was hard, the room was hot, the staff was indifferent. The property is clean but the disinfectant is overpowering and smells awful. Don't count on any beach time at this hotel.

Room Tip: Pay for ocean side, or even better, go somewhere else. At the very least wait until after renovation to try them.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 January 2013

We are also unassuming Canadians and are very satisfied with the service here at the hotel. Granted the place needs the renovation that is scheduled in a few months but it is very clean,food is good, staff are friendly. It is close to shopping and restaurants in Marigot..walking distance...
If you are looking for a place to relax, watch the waves on the ocean and tour around the island this is the place. It is not one of those hotels with many activities..you need to seek those out on the island. My theory has always been to make where I am going the priority and not worry excessively about the hotel....

Room Tip: The beach is quiet... Not as nice as some of the other beaches for sure...but when we did travel to see a few others, the Beach Plaza was a better fit for us. Note that there are rocks on the beach area and to take this into consideration when close to shore...I took a chunk of skin from my knee...the hotel kindly supplied me with a first said kit to patch myself up:-)
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple