“Quiet comfort”

and 1 more site!
Le Beach Hotel
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Marigot
Reviewed 18 May 2014

The hotel was a little worn but very clean. Friendly staff, good location. Lovely sailboats in the bay...great cheese, bread and wine at nearby Simply grocery store. I love the restaurants, market. Would go back for sure!!!!!!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Patsy D

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a clean, friendly and quite place to stay. The location is close to the town about a 5 min walk. Marigot has numerous restaurants, bakeries, and cafes, all are very affordable with wonderful dining choices. Our hotel room was on the Island side and had a balcony and small fridge. Breakfast was very good and offered lots of choices. There is a grocery store to the right just a few hundred feet away that sells wonderful french wines and champagne all very inexpensive, it also has wonderful cheeses and french bagets...perfect for sunset picnics. Parking is free and plentiful, I recommend renting a car to explore all the great beaches in the area. Can't wait to return

Room Tip: Oceanview rooms are worth it...sunsets are amazing.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank Niagara3
Reviewed 7 May 2014

This is the 2nd time my wife and I stayed at this hotel and we loved it. The hotel gave us a free upgrade to an Oceanview room on the 3rd floor. The room was very spacious and comfortable and came with a little fridge. There was a full complimentary breakfast with every kind of food and an amazing cappacino machine
that you could make a variety of different teas or coffees with. Fresh fruits were also part of the full breakfast. The hotel is within walking distance to the French town of Marigot where there are an assortment of bistros all on the marina. Also my wife loved to shop at the little French clothing stores all around the town. There is also a small supermarket called ''simply'' that you can purchase some wine or beer or crackers and cheeses for a few days. The fridge is tiny but there is an ice machine on the 3rd floor so you can always utilize that. Maybe pack a collapsible cooler with you before you come. Also be aware that the hotel uses European electrical outlets so you will need to purchase an adaptor to plug in your i-pods and phones ...

I suggest renting a car for a couple of days to see all the great beaches like Orient Beach and Cupecoy Beach. I prefer to stay on the French side as the Dutch side can get congested, I know some of my friends do like Front street and back street on the Dutch side but I have done that a couple of times before and don't need it.
The shopping is very good there though--so that may be a consideration if staying on the Dutch side...

Overall I highly recommend this hotel and I work at a major airline at JFK and have travelled quite extensively. The price was great and we had a great stay and time ..

thanks all, Phil and Lauren Fellner

Room Tip: definitely choose the 3rd floor Ocean View if you can. 2nd floor Oceanview would be fine also....
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
9  Thank philori97
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Pathetic - mediocre hotel close to the ghetto, located between the cemetery and the bridge. Usually, Ii do not write bad reviews and when I write one, I put bad scores which means that the customer is unhappy. But here, the question is not if the customer is happy or not, it is simply the quality of the hotel which very poor. I actually do not understand how they get these nice reviews, especially from Canadians, as if those guys didn’t have nice hotels over there. Maybe they are fake contributor paid by the hotel? We live on a boat and went there while she was hauled out for maintenance, for 2 reasons: the beach and the swimming pool for the kids.

Let’s start with the positive: it is true that the sea is right in front of the building (beach about 9 meters wide – low tide) and that the personnel is very nice. It is also true that they very good internet connections.

But… you are so close to beach, that you hear the waves as if they were coming into your room – quite disturbing even for us living 360 days a year on our boat. I cannot imagine the noise in the rooms facing the road on the back side. Pool: size ok for the kids but not for swimming, surrounded by a fence (French regulations) which makes feel like animals in a zoo. The hotel is located at the western tip of the Marigot “safe” zone, and the safety issues are a real problem in the area. For instance, the next door hairdresser keeps her door locked all day. Everybody told us not to walk the 300 meters at night (ie. past 7pm) to Marigot center, take your car. The personnel is nice, right, but is there a management? We have been told that the hotel was sold recently. Room service: we had our laying in front of our door 24h. We called twice, the room was cleaned and still the next day when we came back at noon, the tray form the previous day lunch was still there (I took it down to the reception). The rooms are clean, but not everywhere: the cleaning personnel open the doors, cleans, and zoom out. The back of the doors are filthy. Again, where is the management to check the details ? I should have been cautious when I reserved as it took me 5 email exchanges to understand if 344 euro rate was for one room or both. Plumbing: from the last century (or the previous one). All faucets where partially broken. The tubs were rusted. Plastic glass for tooth-brush (in a 4*?). Flush noise from the neighbors. Funnily the tiles seemed new, quite anachronic though a few were broken. Breakfast: US kind of buffet – we are supposed to be in France. Where are the GOOD viennoiseries ? not those softish spongy micro-croissants sparingly brought to the table. Coffee OK, for the rest you’d rather walk a bit toward Marigot, there are plenty of nice cafés. Restaurant: didn’t try. Plenty of very good ones nearby.

To cut it short: no charm 4* wanna be. Would be acceptable in an airport zone between a late arrival and the next morning early flight but not more, providing it is paid by your airline.

Room Tip: Take a top floor facing the sea. 1st floor are noisy.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Lulgiss
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We really like the Beach Plaza.

The staff are friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and simple, WIFI works well throughout the hotel. I recommend the breakfast plan, the Breakfast is simple and there are good healthy choices. It is best to rent a car so you can see all the island has to offer, and go to one of the many great restaurants in the evening. The hotel beach is good (but there are better beaches that you can drive to see), the snorkeling was fun, lots of fish to see. The hotel is a short walk from Marigot. Marigot has many nice shops and restaurants.

Simply Foods is nearby for your snack and picnic needs and there is a great French wine shop in Marigot.

While we were there some customers were robbed while walking back at night. So be careful (another reason to rent a car, U-Save Rent a Car is great). We did not have any trouble.

I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Take an oceanfront room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank William D
Reviewed 31 March 2014

My husband and I were in Saint Martin for 2 weeks in March 2014. We were attacked and robbed by 2 armed men in Marigot. We were walking back to our hotel Beach Plaza from the Marina Royale, which is a 5 minute walk. This took place at 9:40 PM on March 23. The next evening, 2 other tourists from our hotel were robbed at the same spot. According to the gendarmes, criminality is up in many places on the French side of the island. We had asked the staff at the hotel whether it was safe to walk in the evening and they did NOT share any concerns with us! Even after the 2 crimes committed on March 23 and 24, the owner of the hotel did NOT post any information to ensure that his guests would be aware of the safety issues around Marigot. We specifically met with him and expressed our concerns for other guests but I guess he chose to protect his business rather than his guests. I would recommend being very cautious, and not to venture out in the evening, by foot or even with a rented car. Take a taxi. By day, buses were very safe and inexpensive. We saw quite a few places and went to several beaches. Anse Marcel seemed to be safer: beautiful beach, more security, more remote from local habitations. There were 2 hotels there, one was a Radisson. However, taxis or rented car would be the way to travel outside of this resort, buses don’t go there. MORE ABOUT BEACH PLAZA HOTEL AND SURROUNDINGS: nice hotel, plain but very clean, staff is awesome, a big thank you / merci beaucoup to Elodie, Marie-Helene et Marc. Breakfast is good but always the same, so very very boring after 2 weeks. Croissants were often soggy. Get an oceanfront room, it is worth it. The beach is small but good. Lots of corals and beware of sea urchins. We did a bit of snorkeling there. Our favorite restaurants: Le Galion and Pride of India, both 5 stars! We were told that the Dutch side is safer. We chose the French side for its French Caribbean culture. We will not go back. Good luck!

Room Tip: oceanfront, 3rd floor
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Amandine A
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We needed a one night stay prior to our resort reservation. We were originally booked at a different property. After arriving at 10:30 pm and securing a rental car, we began our vacation. Upon arriving at the orig booking, we were a bit apprehensive. As it turned out there was a problem with rooms and the manager told me (via security guards cell phone) that he had reserved a room for us at "a sister property". I asked if we would be pleased when we arrived there. He said "yes, very pleased".
First impressions was "is O.K.". Checked in, got to room, opened door, and detected older room that needed some updating. Very clean, but a little antiquated. We pulled back the drapes and WOW - WHAT A VIEW! A balcony over the bay! We were exhausted but could not go to sleep and miss soaking in the vista before us. I ran down stairs to see if we could find something to drink. Everything was closed at midnight. However, the front desk had a supply of only five (5) "pony" Heineken (@ 3 euro a pop). We finally turned in about 2:00 am. When we finally got up, the vista was even more stunning. After checking out (on time) we could not leave. The bar was open! So we sat on the veranda outside an amazing lobby and had a draft (or 2). This property is really beautiful and in a location that matched.
The desk staff: beautiful people, kind, helpful, a pleasure to deal with. The manager went out of his way to answer some questions about things local. The smiles and helpfulness of Elodie & Berenice was just icing on the cake.

Room Tip: Book a bay view
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank I646VQmichaelr
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marigot
The Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa, St. Maarten
#4 of 8 in Grand Case
Palm Court Hotel
Palm Court Hotel
#2 of 8 in Orient Bay

Been to Le Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!