Le Beach Hotel
US$89
US$171
US$157
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
Le Petit Hotel(Grand Case)
All reviewsocean viewmarigot bayair transatminute walkgrand casenoisy roadbuffet breakfaststreet sidefort louisthe hotel offerssmall fridgevacation packageice machinelocal busesdesk staffsint maartenclose to town
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 February 2011

We stayed at the Beach Plaza from Jan 22-29th. This was our second time staying in St. Martin, but our first in Marigot. I prefer the dutch side but the deal we got on this hotel couldn't be beat. Plus everything on the island is only a 20 minute bus ride away.

The hotel was good. Rooms were clean and comfortable. We had an island view, which actually has a nice view of the lagoon and marina. However, the noise from the street is quite a lot during the day.

Notes about this hotel and Marigot:

1. Get a higher up floor if you get an island view to avoid noise.
2. 3-5 minute walk right out of the hotel there are 2 grocery stores with everything you need from snacks to alcohol.
3. Great restaurants in the Marina Royale area. Although I did take the alleyway behind a few of them and did see some squished bugs on the ground. I'd recommend eating at "The Village," and "Thai Bali."

Recommendations for St. Martin/St. Maarten:
1. Go to Phlipsburg - shopping, great beach, cheap beer on beach.
2. Go to Pinel Island. - short ferry ride from Cul de Sac (you can take a bus from Marigot) - awesome beach and you can explore the whole island in a day.
3. Go to Mullet Bay beach - very good beach and cheap eats and drinks. Within walking distance of airport to watch airplanes flying low over Maho beach. (Can take a bus to Mullet bay from Marigot, with a change of buses in Cole Bay).

Overall, the hotel was a great jumping off point to the rest of the island for us. If we had the same deal elsewhere, we would choose to stay in the Maho or Philipsburg area.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank spoonman_1
Reviewed 1 February 2011

My husband and I were looking for a week-end getaway from our home in Trinidad for some French food, shopping and beach-time. We wanted a hotel within walking distance to the town of Marigot, but which still had direct access to a beach for our early morning swim. We don't need a lot of frills, just cleanliness, air-conditioning and a pleasant atmosphere. This hotel met all of our needs and the complimentary well-stocked buffet breakfast was a nice surprise. Outside of breakfast, we took all our meals out, but the hotel restaurant seemed decent. We had an 'island view' aka 'street side,' which was fine for us as we spent very little time in the room. If I were staying for a week, I would've requested an ocean view room.

1  Thank Takalady
Reviewed 1 February 2011

I had read the reviews and knew what to expect, and I also got a good deal. The pictures are accurate, the rooms are outdated but clean. The TV is 14 inch and the beds were worn, but the room was a nice size and there was a little fridge and safe, and the AC worked well. The beach is tiny, but still nice and it is the only beach in Marigot. Town is only a few blocks walk from the hotel, which is great for meals and shopping and saves cab fare. If you want a huge beach and busy town, you need to go to Phillipsburg or somewhere on the Dutch side. The breakfast was decent, in an open concept dining room overlooking the bay. The prices for dinner in the hotel were the same as most of the restaurants in town. The pool is small and very cold, but there is sun on the pool deck on one side all afternoon. Our room was over the road, but being from a city it didn't bother me, and beyond the road is a nice view of the green hills and a boat yard. The room was a corner, so balcony wrapped around so I could sit and also view the bay. The staff were polite and helpful.

2  Thank bikeridergirl
Reviewed 23 January 2011

Just returned from a week at the Beach Plaza. Nice hotel, very clean but basic accomodations. Highly recommend upgrading to the ocean view as the street views is not the greatest, looking at and an old boat yard. Ocean view rooms have a great view of the harbour, mountains and sail boats. Locations is good, walking distance to all you would need in Merigot and centrally located for most of the island. Seems to be a fairly safe areas as we had no problems walking around day and night. Marina Royal is also a close walk with very good restaurants. A rental car is very handy as the beautiful beaches are not within walking disatnce. Would recommenc for a reasonalble price stay as long as you plan on being out and about as I think most people would be on ST Martin.

2  Thank JPBonvac
Reviewed 17 December 2010

I was passing through to Anguilla on business and stayed two nights at the Hotel Beach Plaza. I picked it because I wanted to be close to the ferry terminal to Anguilla in Marigot and because of the great rate of $119.00 per night, including all taxes, etc,. just before the season started. I liked the atrium concept where all room doors open to the atrium side insuring that weather will not be a factor when you come out. It was clean and offered unlimited free Wifi. There is an extensive and tasty full breakfast buffet included in the rate with multiple types of coffee. There is a piano bar and a good menu at night if you want to eat there instead of eating in Marigot or Grand Case. The furniture in the rooms were a little shop worn but not bad. There is a digital safe in the room large enough to put my mini computer and valuables in. They are right on their own beach with a pool along side the hotel and a large concrete pier running out in the water with a large area at the end for sun baking. They bring the lounges out each morning. The staff was professional and spoke English and French. I liked the place because it was walking distance from Marigot but not in the city where the traffic now is so bad. There is some construction going on across the street but where is there not construction these days. It was a good experience and I would stay there the next time I am on the island.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business