“great Moroccan in the caribbean”
Review of Le Marrakech

Le Marrakech
Ranked #4 of 91 Restaurants in Marigot
Price range: US$12 - US$32
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Real Moroccan restaurant with typical decoration. With a nice garden in the middle. We are open only for diner 7pm to 10.30pm monday to saturday. We are closed on Sunday
Reviewed 3 July 2014

nice place really feels like your in morocco when you dine here . Friends of mine who live on the island told me about this place because its off the beat and path. Would recommend for sure couscous royal was nice !

1  Thank bikeamsterdam

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Great Moroccan Food, great atmosphere, waiter was a bit of a snob....the place was empty but he wouldn't allow us to sit side by side on a couch...overall a great place

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Place is excellent. Superb decor and wonderful Tajine food. Not much Arabic food around of such kind on Saint Martin but this one is worth a visit.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

The food was awful. While I'm not an expert in Moroccan food, I've had it in San Francisco as well as in Bermuda and both were really a great experience. Not here. I don't know if this was an off night or what, but I didn't even think the ambiance inside was as nice as it could have been. The only good thing was the hummus and tabouli appetizer. The tagine was tastless- not impressed. So forgetting about how terrible the food was, the service was worse. We were served by the owner's son who supposedly had fancy ideas coming back from France on how to make the restaurant more exciting…. how about actually paying attention to customers that you are waiting on? We should not have to ask for the check 3 times and then get up and wait by the kitchen for you to give it to us. While the prices were more reasonable than a lot of the other restaurants we went to on this trip this was by far a wasted night!

Reviewed 5 April 2014

PROPERTY: Utterly spectacular oasis! It was utterly gorgeous. Tastefully done - Morocco in the Caribbean. Great attention to detail, use of color and texture. The courtyard was beautiful. I could go on and on and on. I reveled in the beauty and tranquility of this space. It was close to perfect. Go for a drink and hang out in their bar/lounge or have a great meal - either way, you will be so glad you went.

FOOD: I thought the food was very good, if bland. Serving portions were stunningly huge and quite frankly, too huge. I would have appreciated a bit more flavor pop for smaller portions. That said, it was very good.

SERVICE: I was stunned at the young (and very handsome young man) who was serving us. It seemed that he worked non-stop, serving people, bussing tables, taking orders. He was polite, congenial and so very nice, indeed. I do not know his name, but sensed that he may have been the owners' son? At any rate, thank you for doing a great job! Service at Le Marrakech gets an A+.

RECOMMEND? You will be glad you went - if only for the awesome vibe. The food is good, too. I cannot say that it was brilliant (may have been a matter of what I chose off the menu), but I was pleased with it.

Merci beaucoup!