“Fabulous lunch, beautiful setting, memorable beef tartar!”
Review of Tropicana

Tropicana
Ranked #1 of 91 Restaurants in Marigot
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 11 July 2014

My brother-in-law, his wife, my wife, & I had lunch here on a beautiful, sunny afternoon on Wednesday 7/2. We sat outside at the rail overlooking the harbor, with a colorful overhead canopy extended fully to provide all four of us with comfortable shade. The gentle breeze, lovely surrounding shops/restaurants, & yachts made the setting perfect!

I had read about the Tropicana on TA, so I talked our group into going there after a morning spent shopping in Marigot. We were not disappointed!

The food was exceptional! We convinced our helpful - albeit slow - waitress to split the daily special salad 3 ways among my in-laws & my wife. It was HUGE - hard to believe that one person could have eaten it all. More important, the smoked duck & feta cheese with the other salad ingredients were FABULOUS to see & taste! The salad was nicely enhanced with a bottle of rosé wine. In the meantime, I had the BEST beef tartar I've had anywhere in the world (US, Europe, Mexico). With Heineken beer it was delicious beyond words.

Yes, we were all very, very happy! Pricey, but worth it. :)

There are newer reviews for Tropicana

Reviewed 8 July 2014

What an amazing place! Great location on the inner harbor. Service was so warm by all the staffers and the food was super creative and delicious. Loved the pasta with vegetables and pesto and the pasta carbonara as well as rack of lamb. The desserts are beautiful, tried the special chocolate orange dessert and profiteroles. Nothing on the island compares.

2  Thank melodyt13
Reviewed 7 July 2014

All Good and worth the money.. Wow great Chef. We had the "Daily Special" perfect. The Desert was a combo of samples and a Shot of Banana Infused rum...

Reviewed 3 July 2014

a bit on the pricey side for lunch but never disappointed in the quality of food here. Make reservation because they are usually full as its not a very big place

1  Thank bikeamsterdam
Reviewed 29 June 2014

This is a wonderful restaurant located right on the water in the Marigot marina. (It's next door to the La Casa del Habano cigar shop if you're looking for a genuine Cuban cigar, although the shop closes quite early- 1400 when we were there.) It was raining on the day we visited the Tropicana, so there was very little foot traffic at the marina. We arrived at 1830 and were one of two couples- but the restaurant filled up quickly while we ate. We sat on the porch under an awning and watched the rain. The service was attentive and both the server and the manager were friendly and charming. The food was absolutely delicious- from the appetizer to the dessert. The check was similar to one you'd get up the road in Grand Case, but I think the food is at the same level as the restaurants we visited there. It was a great meal and a great experience- we would definitely come back!

1  Thank Tim V