“Creole Food with Good Service”
Review of Rosemary's

Rosemary's
Ranked #11 of 91 Restaurants in Marigot
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Ok, the restaurant is not big, and it is crowded while the others around are begging you to have a look at their offers. Go for it, it is worth, and the sea food special is really good, with fried bananas.

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

I had curry goat that was tasty and my partner had guavaberry ribs also pretty ok. However the place is highly recommended but bit of a dissappointment. Service was slow especially if you dont speak french. Week ago had lunch next door and must to admit it was much better.

1  Thank Mintless
Reviewed 5 August 2014

this place was recommended by Imanuel, our tour guide. the best red snapper i've ever had..it was perfectly cooked and it tasted even better with the rice , beans, plantain and side salad.i could have swallowed a bone and didn't care.. my son had the ribs with guavaberry sauce and he said it was "better than the best".This is in our list now .Rosemary and her daughter were at the restaurant busy as bees and yet had time to talk to us. I also love the vibrant colors of the tablecloths.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Although quite busy, the meal proved to be absolutely delicious. I had the red snapper. It was absolutely mouthwatering. The sauce, rice and plantains gave it the island soul taste you dream of when visiting the Caribbean . If your in the area this is a must try.

2  Thank Celi O
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Our tour guide brought us to this section of St. Martin (French side), in the town of Marigot, for lunch. Rosemary's sign said "Creole food", which my husband likes, so we choose here, among other restaurants along the water, to eat. The seats were outside (but they had fans) and they have no restrooms in the restaurant- it's across the street. When I saw Anthony Bourdain had recommended getting the curried goat, I got excited, however couldn't bring myself to order it, having seen goats along the road on the way there. I ordered the jerk chicken, which came with pigeon peas and rice, a fried plantain, a sweet potato and banana chunk (boiled, I think) and a small salad, so it was a large amount of food. The chicken wasn't really jerk, more in a creole sauce with chopped tomatoes on top but it was nice and tender and had a good flavor. The salad had greens, cucumber, tomato, onion and a nice slice of avocado, with dressing brought on the side. Two of our daughters split a shrimp dish, but there weren't a lot of shrimp so one ordered the conch chowder, which my husband also got. He swore the conch wasn't conch, but something else. It came with potato chunks and was much improved by using the hot sauce (that looked homemade) on the table. He got the shellfish sampler, which was shrimp creole, fish ect... The waitress seemed a little on the short side (temperament wise) but it may have been more of a cultural thing. She was nice enough. When it came time to pay, we tried 3 different credit cards and none worked. The restaurant blamed it on our cards, but that couldn't have been the case. Luckily, one of our daughters had cash (they take American dollars), otherwise, we would have been washing dishes. (The waitress laughed at that comment.) I would give it a very good rating based on the food alone, but the lack of ac, bathrooms and problem with the credit card cause the average rating.