“Best Crepes on the island!”
Review of La Croissanterie

La Croissanterie
Ranked #2 of 7 Bakeries in Marigot
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Open every day from 7:00 am to 3:00 pm
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We have been coming here since 2010 and always try to eat here at least twice during our stay. My husband always has to have the Belle-Hélène crepes which has chocolate sauce, pears, and whipped cream. I love the seafood crepe and the escargot is a must on every visit. Best I have ever had, and I never get it at home, so I don't feel at all guilty for having it every time we visit. The ham and cheese croissants are great as well! Went for breakfast and enjoyed the croissant French Toast very much. Others had breakfast crepes, except for my 23 year old daughter who had her vanilla ice cream crepe with chocolate sauce and whipped cream. The owners are very nice and we love seeing them each year. We are never rushed here. You will have to ask for the check as they let you enjoy the view of the marina and the company of your guests. They are not open for dinner which is not an issue with us. We have learned not to visit the island in September, as this is one of the many establishments that shut down for the month. Lucky for us, that one year we left the island on October 1st, so we made a stop on the way to the airport! We stay at Dawn Beach on the Dutch side, so it's over a 30 minute drive for us but well worth it! Bring cash to pay and enjoy the 1:1 ratio of Euros to dollars.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

1:1 with American currency, so that helps.
ordered a croissant and was very pleased, the owner told us he makes them by hand. and making it by hand is VERY tedious (speaking as a pastry chef), so I totally give him my utmost respect!
I ordered a cappuccino, generally I put sugar in it without tasting, but this time around I just drank it and didn't need any. it was tasty. my boyfriend ordered an espresso and was very pleased. turns out they use his favorite brand (Lavazza).

its a great place to stop by and enjoy the marina.

if ur a cigar smoker, there r 2 right around the corner (opposite sides) one is Casa del Habana (on the main rd) - authentic looking place, u can tell they take care of their cigars, and its filled with all cedar wood. facing the marina theres another cigar store, smaller and again, the guy not only smokes his cigar inside, u can tell he knos how to take care of them.

Reviewed 11 September 2013 via mobile

As first timers in Marigot, this restaurant is great for the ambiance, chill out kind of place. Like a mom and pops store. My children loves croissant so we thought we'd give it a try. Oh boy they loved it! They had the chocolate croissant, they went for a second round. We would definitely come back next time we come to the island.

1  Thank May C
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We went here last month and enjoyed it very much. The crepes and the Bourguignon were delicious. Friendly service too, we’ll definitely go back.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

Stopped by after a long walk around Marigot and enjoyed a raspberry tart and croissant with cold drinks. Great baked goods - I could have had a lot more of pastries but showed commendable restraint! Lol