“Good hotel for Marigot”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Marigot
Ithaca, New York, United States
“Good hotel for Marigot”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We chose this hotel because they had reasonable rates and decent reviews. They met our expectations but didn't really go above and beyond, so I am giving them a 4/5. The pre-booking communication was very good, and their website descriptions were accurate. We chose one of the renovated garden-facing rooms and it was very quiet, small, and clean.

When we arrived (Sunday evening) the front desk person was very nice but spoke hardly any English. He was able to check us in but couldn't help with anything beyond that. The next morning we asked the front desk to help us rent a car, and they called someone immediately, but they weren't able to come for 3 hours (and then was 30 minutes late). The rate the car rental guy quoted us was then higher than the rate the front desk quoted us - I don't think he was trying to scam us (and reduced the rate in the end) but there was definitely some miscommunication.

If you want to stay in Marigot for a ferry, etc. this is a good choice. However, we explored the island quite a bit and I don't recommend Marigot as the top place to stay. We spent a few nights in Oyster Pond and found the marina there to be much higher end and cleaner, with better restaurants and nicer people. The Dutch side was busier so if you're looking for more things to do, especially on Sundays or at night, definitely stay there (Philipsburg was the busiest area of course).

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Heather L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Jonkoping, Sweden
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Very nice budget hotel in the middle of Marigot. Ask for a renovated room. They are really nice. Perfect place for a shorter stay! We stayed here before we took the boat to Anguilla. Anguilla is a lovely Island with plenty of paradise beaches. Don't miss Maho bay where the airplanes take off and lands.

We higly recommend Le Centr' Hotel!

Peter and Anna from Sweden

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PetJun
New York City, New York
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here 1 night before our flight and it was cheap. $100 USD. No elevator but stairs weren't too bad. The room wasn't great and bed kind of sucked but you get what you pay for. Room was tiny. However service was great and receptionist is very friendly and helpful.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
stockholm
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Excellent location if you do not have a car. Close to marina and easy to get to ferries.
Basic, clean room, quiet (had a street view), modern and updated.
But... bad attitude from the girl at the front desk afternoon/evening. Unfriendly, she apparently did not want to be bothered. I think management should know. And my only towel was dirty and had stains on it.. she did bring me another one but it was also dirty. That is why I say she did not care at all. And there were a few other things. Other staff members I met were nice and helpful. There could have been a safe in room. Minor things should be attended to in order to keep up with the good reviews.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
scottsdale
Reviewed 10 February 2014

If you have read any of my other reviews, I like to stay at 5 star hotels. I really went out on a limb with this property for my typical vacation, but I was about to board the Windsurf for a 7 night cruise and figured I could do without a ocean front place to stay for 2 nights. The savings are astronomical. I paid $75 Euros/night in season...dirt cheap. I was really concerned the place would be just a dump, but I was pleasantly surprised by this quaint little property. Really clean and with just superb design and the beds and linens were great for this level of hotel. It is in a very convenient location to walking the shops and restaurants of Marigot. I assume the beach is nearby and walking distance, but I wasn't there to do the beach. I just wanted to shop around and eat at the wonderful restaurants in Marigot.The only thing I did not care for was the little packets of soap gel for washing. It really would be nice to just get an actual bar of soap and inexpensive hotel amenity products. We chose an inside room as the street rooms looked as though they could be a bit noisier, but I wouldn't hesitate to take a street room next time. The rooms were very sound proof. Staff is quite friendly. All in all, an excellent choice for the price.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank shendrix
Praha
Reviewed 2 February 2014

On my way from Anguilla by boat, we stopped for one night here. The hotel is located near the sea port of Marigot, so you can walk there. Friendly receptionist, clean, modern designed rooms with AC, modest floorspace but acceptable cost. I am pleasured.

Room Tip: 1st floor inside
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Tomas N
Switzerland
Reviewed 31 January 2014

D Centr Hotel
his hotel says it is **the staff is proud of the two stars which mean: the rooms are small, but a number of staff are helpful and efficient. The breakfast is not great, but good enough if you don’t want to walk to a good bakery. Fifty meters away the first harbor is with about 10 restaurants trying to outdo themselves. A hundred meters away you find the harbor port of Marigot and the colorful market. This is open every day, but on Wednesday and Saturday there are more things. More vegetables and fish. Here there are small rTestaurants that can be good and cheap (coffee is usually bad).
Near the Hotel there is a small restaurant called “What Else?” and it has a lunch menu for 10.50 € that is always remarkable. Post with ATM and Church within 30 meters.
Back to the hotel: No car is needed. Close to bus station if you want to go somewhere else for $2. The showers have pressure when there is water! There is WiFi and electrical outlets. 220 volts. TV and small ice box. . The rooms are nicely painted and the tiles are expensive and EZ to clean. The bed is hard. We would come back
We climbed up to Fort Louis to watch the next storm come in. We swam and snorkeled by the small unknown beach (I think it is called) Bay Impotence where there is a sunken ship. Just walk further along the Port until you come to it. After this advertisement we will be getting company. Have fun.

Room Tip: room 226.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jim0
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marigot
Le Beach Hotel
Simpson Bay Resort & Marina
LOVE
LOVE
#4 of 8 in Grand Case

Been to Le Centr'Hotel? Share your experiences!