“Beautiful restaurant, right on the beach, excellent food”
Review of les Boucaniers - CLOSED

les Boucaniers
Price range: US$20 - US$46
Cuisines: French
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Reservations
San Francisco
“Beautiful restaurant, right on the beach, excellent food”
Reviewed 28 March 2013

This is probably one of my most favorite restaurants on the island: delicious food and absolutely stunning location literally right on the beach with waves almost touching your toes. So romantic and peaceful, just stunning place! Food is great though service could be a little bit slow at times, but nobody really minds - you are on an island basking in sunshine, there is no need to be in a hurry. I always order fish at this place and it is delicious!

Buenos Aires, Argentina
“A Recommandation”
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Restaurant very well placed suir the beach where you can not swim but the food is very good, I tested the Creole as many recommendations and I was pleasantly surprised my wife had the octopus special, but she loved me and sautéed shrimp delicious. The service is nice and not salty note;) I recommend as I did;

Stonington, Connecticut
“Nasty”
Reviewed 13 March 2013

Our seafood dishes were all very strong tasting...meaning not at all fresh. The cold codfish appetiser was pure discusting. The scallops were tough and foul. The octopus stew was just not good. Nasty is the best word I can use to describe our dinner.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank WMA_13
Ottawa,Canada
“Excellent meal on the beach”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

My wife and I had dinner there on the beach terrace. We first selected the creole appetizer plate, which gives a sampling of all their creole appetizers. It was excellent and I particularly appreciated the creole blood pudding.

We then both had the snapper. It was very good, a little too much mash potato for my taste but still very good.

Service was generally efficient (although my wife did not get the glass of water she requested). Prices are reasonable.

An very good evening

San Diego, CA
“Leisurely Creole French lunch under the palms on the sands”
Reviewed 10 January 2013

We stopped at Les Boucaniers for a leisurely lunch. On the water with a view of Marigot in the distance, it was a tranquil place to spend a couple of hours. The waitress Caroline showed us to a wooden table with benches with orange cushions, shaded by pines and palms. The menu emphasized Creole food with French influence. We ordered a glass of Cotes de Bourg to accompany my husband's chicken with Creole sauce. French fries were crisp and savory. I ordered boudin noir, which was served with tiny scallions, red peppers, onions and a salad of arugula dressed with mustard vinaigrette. Delicious! My main course was a classic island dish: tender, juicy shrimp Colombo (a mild and delicate curry sauce) with fluffy white rice. We ordered expresso coffee instead of desert.
After we asked Caroline to please compliment the chef, he came out to our table. His name is Nicolas, and he hails from Paris. He also sent out tiny glasses of delicious milky coconut rum which he makes himself.
The meal was fine, delicate, and the setting is pleasant, outdoors with small beach/water view. We rated it an "A".

• Visited December 2012