“What a great day!!!”

and up
Small-Group Day Sail in St Maarten
Ranked #5 of 39 Tours in Simpson Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: The best day for sure. Sailing on a comfortable, fully cushioned sailboat, snorkeling, mud bath, stand up paddle board, great lunch cooked in the ship's galley, fishing off the stern and best of all - the famous, all ages Tarzan Swing! You will be well looked after by your experienced crew! All included in price - no hidden costs. Photos of your day are FREE online! Free tshirts also for honeymooners and others - just ask how you can get a free tshirt.
Danville, California, United States
“What a great day!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

My husband and I went on the Paradise Day Sail on the Random Wind with Trevor and Eli. What a wonderful day. From the time we met them until the time we left we felt comfortable and at home on the boat. There was plenty of food, snacks and drinks. Great time sailing, snorkeling and swinging on the Tarzan swing. If we ever are able to visit St. Maarten again we will definitely take another trip with the Random Wind!

Panama City Beach, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sailing adventures!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

My husband and I were celebrating my 50th birthday and our 30th anniversary when we booked our cruise to the Caribbean. Our first booked excursion was Random Wind sailing. The excursion was a wonderful adventure with Captain Trevor, Lady Diane and 1st mate Eli. The water was a bit rough for snorkeling, but the sailing was exquisite. We truly were spoiled with a delicious lunch and then a birthday cake with a candle to wish upon. The unexpected part of the excursion was the trapeze. Flying through the air and dropping into the blue water below was my favorite part and I think my fellow sailors would agree. The crew worked very hard to make this adventure memorable for their guests and they were highly successful. I wore my "Random Wind Sailing" t-shirt yesterday and just wished I could go back and sail some more.

1 Thank myladyjacob
Aurora, Colorado, United States
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Sunset Sail”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

We enjoyed a wonderfully relaxing sunset cruise on the Random Wind. We cruised outside of Simpson Bay while enjoying beverages and appetizers while watching the sunset into the Caribbean. I wish I would have know about them before we traveled to St. Maarten, I would have signed up for day snorkeling trip which included a day of sailing, snorkeling, beverages and lunch. I highly recommend sailing with Diane.

Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Like sailing with old friends!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

A group of seven of us went on the day trip with on the random wind and couldn't have asked for a better time. Both Diane and Trevor treated us like old friends and mad the trip a delightful experience. Can't wait to go back next year and do it again. Just finished making the coconut chicken curry that she had served us for lunch and it was almost as good as Diane's. Don't miss this trip, you won't regret it!!!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Andrew R
Dayton, Ohio, USA
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“So much fun! Love Diane and Trevor!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

First Mate Diane (who owns the boat and lives on it) and Captain Trevor were wonderful hosts. We were in St Martin for our honeymoon. Prior to the trip I sent several emails back and forth with Diane and she was always responsive and assisted with me as needed.

On the boat, the food was DELICIOUS! First came lunch (curry chicken) that was so good half of the ship asked for the recipe. Then the bread with a variety of spreads (the garlic and herb was my favorite). Dessert was something I couldn't spell or pronounced but it looked like a thin dense waffle with caramel filling (YUMMY!!!)

Diane is a skilled bartender who offered several options, especially for being on a boat. We had Rum Punch, margaritas, pineapple juice with coconut rum, soda, and water. I know other people had different drinks but I don't remember what.

There were two people who got sea sick even though the sea was pretty calm and Diane did a nice job helping them too.

Our first stop was at Long Bay. They provided snorkel gear, noodles, and a paddleboard for our entertainment while Diane made lunch. We played in the water, swam to the beach, and rested on the boat.

After lunch, we motored to Mullet Bay. There, they lowered the Tarzan Swing. We didn't get to see Diane's swing skills (which I hear are impressive) because she had recently had surgery and couldn't jump yet. But we did see the Captain do a nice flip into the water from the swing. Then the rest of us took turns jumping and flipping off of the swing. Some people snorkeled or floated here as well. There was a large school of angelfish that we fed and a couple of small stingrays.

The boat has bathroom facilities but it's still a boat so I would make other arrangements is possible. But I would recommend checking out the boat below decks. There are some beautiful carvings in the teak wood. She is really a beautiful boat.

We loved our time on the boat. The staff, the food, the locations they chose, and the activities provided were all top notch! We would definitely do this again when we go back to St Martin.

Thank you Diane!