I can't really put into words what I feel about this place but I'll try my best. First and foremost, the owners Michael and Fawnette were awesome, and their baby girl Skye was such a joy to have around! They made you feel like you were at home and took time to answer questions and help out with anything you needed. Michael sat down for about an hour our first morning there and gave us a list of their favorite spots to go including restaurants and activities around the island..Also marked everything on a map so no trouble finding where to go...I've been on many trips in my 30 years and haven't had that kind of service anywhere. All the recommendations were right on the money!
Secondly LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION! The Beach here was AMAZING..very much feels like its your own private beach...water was beautiful, you really dont need a pool with what you have here! Since it is by the airport, you do hear the planes..not a big deal and after the first day it's like backround noise, not a deal breaker at all! Its pretty cool to see them as well...Plus during the week it's few and far between!
Third is the rooms...very very clean and the housekeeping staff was attentive and quick and just very friendly..Ramona was great! Spent some time talking with her and she was always around if you needed anything as well! We stayed in Suite 1 (room 6)...spacious, small kitchen with everything you need, lots of closet space, and a very good sized bathroom...also the patio right outside your door with a table and chairs is a nice touch too! We enjoyed sitting there every morning with a beautiful view of the ocean having our coffee and croissants from the little french bakery right down the street. everything you need for your basics is in walking distance however it is very very very worth it to rent a car to get around the island to the fabulous places Michael refers to that are not in walking distance! There is so much to see and do you won't get it done in just one week and that's why we are already planning a second trip back to this wonderful hotel and island! Thank you Michael, Fawnette, and staff for such a very special time! We had a fantastic week and can't wait to come back next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AZURE HOTEL WILL BE OPEN ON DECEMBER 15, 2017! NOW TAKING RESERVATIONS, MENTION THIS AD AND GET 20% OFF ON COURTYARD ROOMS!! Azure is family owned/ operated boutique hotel on the most spectacular/ uncrowded beach on Saint Martin. Completely renovated. Watersports, marinas, restaurants, casinos, bars, shops all within walking distance. White sand beach, crystal clear water, the world's biggest mega yachts within a stone's throw. Kitchens, US satellite TV, AC. FREE WIFI, FREE INTERNATIONAL CALLS (most countries), FREE CELL PHONE USE,concierge. Lounges with umbrellas on the beach. Let us plan your activities. Our friendly staff will make sure you have everything you need! Azure for sure! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your The Azure Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Azure Beach Studios Hotel Simpson Bay
- The Azure Hotel St Martin / St Maarten/Simpson Bay