My wife and I stayed at Azure Beach 3-13-09 to 3-20-09. Having researched St. Marten for hundreds of hours prior to our arrival, I thought I had a pretty good idea about the island. The good news is our selection of Azure Beach turned out to be perfect.A small hotel right on the beach, and not just any beach, but one of the nicer ones on the island. A quiet location, (except for the planes, more later). All amenities provided such as beach chairs, towels, etc.. Mike and Fawnette keep adding nice touches all the time. They are very helpful if you need any suggestions. I especially liked their proximity in Simpson Bay. We walked every day to nearby restaurants, convenience stores, car rental, boating activities and the bus stops. We took busses to Philipsburg, Marigot, Maho and Mullet Bay quite often. Very convenient, inexpensive and safe. Just down the beach to their right is a beach bar and restaurant called Karackters. Great stop for lunch, dinner, or a good place to watch the sun set. Try the cold buckets of beer with the coconut shrimp and lime sauce.If you are looking for a small place right on the beach, clean rooms and the feeling you are staying in your own home, this is the place. Not to mention the wonderful other residents you will meet.When I come back to St. Marte I will definitely be staying at Azure Beach again. Oh!, the plane reference. I found the plane takeoffs interesting rather than annoying. They don't fly between 7pm and 7am anyway, so it did not bother me one bit. Hope to be back next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AZURE HOTEL WILL BE OPEN ON DECEMBER 15, 2017! NOW TAKING RESERVATIONS, MENTION THIS AD AND GET 20% OFF ON COURTYARD ROOMS!! Azure is family owned/ operated boutique hotel on the most spectacular/ uncrowded beach on Saint Martin. Completely renovated. Watersports, marinas, restaurants, casinos, bars, shops all within walking distance. White sand beach, crystal clear water, the world's biggest mega yachts within a stone's throw. Kitchens, US satellite TV, AC. FREE WIFI, FREE INTERNATIONAL CALLS (most countries), FREE CELL PHONE USE,concierge. Lounges with umbrellas on the beach. Let us plan your activities. Our friendly staff will make sure you have everything you need! Azure for sure! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your The Azure Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Azure Beach Studios Hotel Simpson Bay
- The Azure Hotel St Martin / St Maarten/Simpson Bay