“Great ambience and tasty pastries”

Zee Best Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 111 Restaurants in Simpson Bay
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: French, American, Cafe, European
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Established in 1983, Zee Best is a household name for vacationers and residents. Serving artisanal French Pastries freshly prepared in our bakery every morning, you will find as well, a great coffee selection, fresh juices, heavenly crêpes and everything you could imagine made with eggs from benedicts to omelets!The most important meal of the day can also be the most delicious. Open for the early risers or sleepy heads, St-Maarten best breakfast is served from 7:30 am to 2:00 pm everyday (Simpson Bay and Port-de Plaisance location). Voted best breakfast place in St Maarten / St Martin 7 years in a row, Zee Best also serves lunch from 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm. Come in and experience what breakfast and lunch are all about!Open 7 days a week, Zee Best, and its friendly staff, is "Zee" place to befor breakfast and lunch in St Maarten!
New York City, New York
“Great ambience and tasty pastries”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

The ambience here is very nice; outdoor patio seating.

You are served with a basket of pastries which are very tasty, fresh and crispy; not oily or cold or stale.

I tried EVERY pastry and was not disappointed! The apple tart was heavenly!

For breakfast I had the Greenpeace Omelet. So moist, so soft and so delicious. I could taste the spinach yet it wasn't overpowering.

I also had a cup of hot chocolate which I highly recommend. Just the right amount of flavor.

The one downer to the place was that there was a long wait for the meal b/c they were so busy this Sunday morning. Thus the reason I tasted every pastry which i did not regret. :-)

I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND this place.

I live in Manhattan, NY, have been to many cafes for breakfast and rank this as one of my TOP 5 breakfast experience.

• Visited April 2014

Sheridan, Illinois
“Best breakfast ever”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Ate here 2 days in a row and service was excellent, omelets were great. Coffee was perfect. Pastries were crisp and flakey.

• Visited March 2014
Charleston, South Carolina
“Service, French Toast, Mocha Coffee excellent”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

My family and I ate breakfast for the first time at Zee Best Rest. The french toast, mocha iced coffee were excellent. The omelets are good. Fresh pastries are delicious! The service was wonderful and very friendly. We will go there again. I recommend this restaurant

• Visited April 2014
U.S.
“Wonderful Breakfast”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

This bakery is tucked away along the main drag in a plaza-like place near Jimbo's. They give you the option of being served a basket of flavored croissants, and only require that you pay for what you eat.

In an effort to be healthy, I ordered a vegetable-egg-white omelette which came with buttered french bread and french coffee. So good! My husband ordered the sugar crepe, which he enjoyed very much along with the croissants.

Service was quick and friendly. We will definitely return when we visit next winter!

• Visited March 2014
Vancouver, Canada
“Excellent French Breakfast”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We met the owner of this restaurant on the plane arriving to St.Maarten, he gave us so much information about the entire Island, and invited us to come have breakfast at his restaurant. The best pastries we have ever tasted. He went above and beyond to make us comfortable upon our arrival to the Island!

Visited November 2013