“Lobster Thermidor!! Yummy!”

Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Trenton, NJ
“Lobster Thermidor!! Yummy!”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

My friend and I were in Newark Airport in NJ when the airline representative told us about Pineapple Pete. She said she had had the best meal of her life there, lobster thermidor. We had been coming to St. Maarten for over 20 years and had seen the restaurant but never tried it. Last week we did. We were not disappointed. My friend had the lobster thermidor which she absolutely loved!! She felt the recommendation we had received was totally accurate. I had grouper encrusted with crab and spinach, also very tasty. I also had a melon colada which was really good! The restaurant is a little pricey but the food is quite good. Give it a try; I don't think you'll be disappointed.

• Polish first
“Bland Food”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Ate an early dinner here. Did not see the entertainment. Service was friendly. I had a jerk chicken wrap, which reminded me something that was pre-made at Safeway. I asked for Caribbean hot sauce, which at least made it flavorful. There are too many restaurants in St. Maarten to try this one. Would recommend passing.

Visited November 2013
Wilmslow
“A good spot to watch English football”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I looked up somewhere to watch the Premier League on a Saturday afternoon while waiting to go to the airport and my search led me here. I initially went next door to Pete's Sports Bar but the barman didn't really know about what was on his TV channels for the day or where to find the football on his satellite TV. At Pineapple Pete's the staff were extremely welcoming and knew about what football was on. There is only one TV in the corner but it was fine for watching the match. The beer is cold and the burgers were only average.

Pickerington
“Didn't live up to our expectations”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

This was our first meal on the island and probably our most disappointing. We went because we read about it in various publications and it was suggested to us once we were there. Our food was nothing out of the ordinary and a bit on the high end as far as price goes compared to what we experienced at all the other restaurants we visited on both sides of the island. We did enjoy the live music. Even though it is open air seating, cigarette smoke added to the negative experience.

wisconsin
“Lobster Termidor”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

The Lobster Termidor for 2 was outstanding .... $50 and we could not finish it! Loster was tender and tasty. Service was just OK ... they were very crosded on a Saturday night and could be more personable.

Visited October 2013