“Still Great food & Svc but for Pete's sake, clean up your restrooms!”
Review of Pineapple Pete

Pineapple Pete
Ranked #22 of 118 Restaurants in Simpson Bay
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 24 August 2014

After a 3 year gap, still wonderful seafood (i.e. lobsters, crab cakes, fish) and a desert from Venezuela you must try. Service great and if you are a repeat visitor remind them for your VIP (10% discount).

Parking still an issue but worth the hassle.

It has a pool hall. And the most disgusting restrooms of any restaurant we visited (and we did multiple). Tip for the ladies, use the restroom by the side of the bar and not in the pool halls. For the traffic and $$$ the restaurant makes, its pitiful the owners don't pay attention to hygiene!

Visited twice this trip. Food excellent but we made sure we didn't have to use the restrooms.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,737)

Reviewed 24 August 2014

You will never eat better lobster in St. Maarten than at Pineapple Pete. All of the food is fabulous and the service is equally great. The owner, Pierre, makes sure that you are happy and is very friendly. I would highly recommend this restaurant and it happens to be my favourite in St. Maarten.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

After visiting this restaurant since it was opened it has become a frequent stop while on vacation in SXM. The Alfredo is wonderful as is the Lobster Thermidor. The staff is wonderful always attentive to your table even when the restaurant is packed. The owner is still extremely active in his restaurant and can be seen almost nightly at Pete's. All in all a wonderful place to have lunch or dinner.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

We stopped and had lunch here on our way back from touring the island. Service was quick and efficient. There were a few other tables eating lunch as well. I ordered a grilled chicken wrap and my husband ordered the coconut shrimp. The wrap was pretty good. However, the coconut shrimp were not the freshest or tastiest that we had on the island. A bit disappointed by that. We would eat there again and try something else though.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I enjoyed the food and the fact that it was right next to were I had to go for the rhino was awesome. I eat and then got ready to take my ride on the rhino. The food was great and the waiters even cracked jokes with us while we waited. I would advise you to give it a chance and see why the locals call it a great place to eat.

1  Thank got2bedavidshahan