At first glance the place was beautiful. Very nice location on the beach. What ruined it for myself and my guests was the horrible manager. The manager complained about everything we did although none of it was unreasonable. She complained that there was sand in our room! We were not allowed to smoke anywhere on the property. When we would leave to go smoke or go somewhere there she is asking us about what we are doing, where we are going, etc. Extremely picky about everything and nosy, she made us feel like she was doing us a favor because we paid to stay there. If they are wondering why no one is staying here then this is why. I wouldn't recommend staying here unless you like someone complaining about everything you do and treating a 30+ year old professional couple like two year olds. Also, the beds are terrible and there are huge roaches!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Horny Toad is a deliberately small and distinctive guesthouse known for its congenial and unpretentious atmosphere. The original building is a former governor's house tastefully renovated into spacious, fully-equipped apartments. Each of the eight apartments is delightfully different, displaying a personality of its own. All rooms have fully-equipped kitchens, king size beds, complete baths with shower, and daily maid service. Fresh flowers are arranged in the units every day. The guesthouse is on the beach and provides beach chairs, towels and floats. An outdoor barbecue pavilion with two Weber gas grills, table and hammock allow you to enjoy dining beach-side. Simpson Bay beach is a beautiful, uncrowded mile-long beach - just a few steps from each apartment - great for walking, swiming and sunbathing.The Toad has been awarded Fodor's Choice Award each year including the most recent in 2012. They called us the "island's best value" on the Dutch side of St Maarten.This is a No Smoking property. No children under seven years of age, please. We can arrange to have a rental car for your use and stock your unit with food before arrival upon request. There is free high-speed WiFi in all the units and a complimentary computer with internet access and printer in the business center/reception area. Free gated parking on the property. Grocery stores, French bakery, shops and multiple restaurants are within a 5-6 block walk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Horny Toad Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Horny Toad Guest House Hotel Simpson Bay
- The Horny Toad Guesthouse St. Maarten-St. Martin/Simpson Bay