Cant stop telling people what a great time we had here! Hosts Betty and Phil are awesome. By the time we left we felt like we were leaving home. Almost everyone staying there were repeat guests from past years and already knew each other and welcomed us as if we were old friends. Some high lights: Optional Happy Hour on the veranda- bring a snack to share, a cold beverage and a good story from your day on the island. Snorkeling on the beach out front- You cant tell by looking at it, but just to the right a little ways down the beach there is some coral that is home to Nemo and a couple hundred of his friends, stopped by everyday to see them! Sunset Bar and Grill- great food, drinks, people watching and as close to getting hit in the head by a commercial jet plane as you will get! The KLM 747(Big Blue) is the prize to see, usually comes in around a little before noon. I could go on and on... Quiet, relaxing, privacy if/when you prefer, super clean rooms, walking distance to everything you will need, super staff, and just great people and in my opinion Simpson Bay is the best stretch of beach on the island. We hit a home run on this pick. Cant wait to get back and make more Red Flannel hash for the gang!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Horny Toad is a deliberately small and distinctive guesthouse known for its congenial and unpretentious atmosphere. The original building is a former governor's house tastefully renovated into spacious, fully-equipped apartments. Each of the eight apartments is delightfully different, displaying a personality of its own. All rooms have fully-equipped kitchens, king size beds, complete baths with shower, and daily maid service. Fresh flowers are arranged in the units every day. The guesthouse is on the beach and provides beach chairs, towels and floats. An outdoor barbecue pavilion with two Weber gas grills, table and hammock allow you to enjoy dining beach-side. Simpson Bay beach is a beautiful, uncrowded mile-long beach - just a few steps from each apartment - great for walking, swiming and sunbathing.The Toad has been awarded Fodor's Choice Award each year including the most recent in 2012. They called us the "island's best value" on the Dutch side of St Maarten.This is a No Smoking property. No children under seven years of age, please. We can arrange to have a rental car for your use and stock your unit with food before arrival upon request. There is free high-speed WiFi in all the units and a complimentary computer with internet access and printer in the business center/reception area. Free gated parking on the property. Grocery stores, French bakery, shops and multiple restaurants are within a 5-6 block walk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your The Horny Toad Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Horny Toad Guest House Hotel Simpson Bay
- The Horny Toad Guesthouse St. Maarten-St. Martin/Simpson Bay