My husband and I just returned from our stay at the Horny Toad Guest House and are so happy we decided to stay there for our vacation. Betty and Phil make you feel welcomed as soon as you arrive. I did not feel as though I was meeting them for the first time.We stayed in unit 5. There is plenty of room . I loved the how the shower stall is placed near the trees. The bed was huge and comfy. The guesthouse is located on Simpson Bay . I feel it is the best beach on the island. We never had to worry about putting towels on a chair first thing in the morning. Each unit has its own chairs. Every morning I literally walked out the door onto the sand , sat in my chair overlooking the water and drank my coffee. It was so relaxing. We rented a car because we love traveling around the island. There are many restaurants walking distance if you do not want to rent a car. There was social hour each day which gave us a chance to meet some very nice people from all over. It was nice sharing what restaurants and beaches we had gone too. If you are looking for a nice quiet relaxing vacation in paradise then The Horny Toad is the place to go......
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Horny Toad is a deliberately small and distinctive guesthouse known for its congenial and unpretentious atmosphere. The original building is a former governor's house tastefully renovated into spacious, fully-equipped apartments. Each of the eight apartments is delightfully different, displaying a personality of its own. All rooms have fully-equipped kitchens, king size beds, complete baths with shower, and daily maid service. Fresh flowers are arranged in the units every day. The guesthouse is on the beach and provides beach chairs, towels and floats. An outdoor barbecue pavilion with two Weber gas grills, table and hammock allow you to enjoy dining beach-side. Simpson Bay beach is a beautiful, uncrowded mile-long beach - just a few steps from each apartment - great for walking, swiming and sunbathing.The Toad has been awarded Fodor's Choice Award each year including the most recent in 2012. They called us the "island's best value" on the Dutch side of St Maarten.This is a No Smoking property. No children under seven years of age, please. We can arrange to have a rental car for your use and stock your unit with food before arrival upon request. There is free high-speed WiFi in all the units and a complimentary computer with internet access and printer in the business center/reception area. Free gated parking on the property. Grocery stores, French bakery, shops and multiple restaurants are within a 5-6 block walk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Horny Toad Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Horny Toad Guest House Hotel Simpson Bay
- The Horny Toad Guesthouse St Martin / St Maarten/Simpson Bay