There is no pool. But you can swim in the ocean. It is right on the beach. Look out your window directly at the turquoise waters. The door is 36 inches from the sand. The beach is just down the steps about 50 feet away. There are beach chairs and they loaned us an umbrella. There is no tv, But there were lots of books in the room. We never had time for tv anyway. This is a quaint little place. It's not fancy but it was clean. We never saw a bug in the room. Our kitchenette had everything we needed including a cork screw. The staff is friendly and helpful. It is near the airport but there were not enough big planes taking off to bother us. The location is convenient to many restaurants. We liked Traverna, Pineapple Pete’s and Toppers. If you take the ferry to Anguilla, for a great island tour call 264.729.7002 ask for “Rat”. He knows all the best places on the island.Including the best barbque. This was a highlight of the trip. Advice about the island - always wear insect repellant. You can't see the misquitos.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Horny Toad is a deliberately small and distinctive guesthouse known for its congenial and unpretentious atmosphere. The original building is a former governor's house tastefully renovated into spacious, fully-equipped apartments. Each of the eight apartments is delightfully different, displaying a personality of its own. All rooms have fully-equipped kitchens, king size beds, complete baths with shower, and daily maid service. Fresh flowers are arranged in the units every day. The guesthouse is on the beach and provides beach chairs, towels and floats. An outdoor barbecue pavilion with two Weber gas grills, table and hammock allow you to enjoy dining beach-side. Simpson Bay beach is a beautiful, uncrowded mile-long beach - just a few steps from each apartment - great for walking, swiming and sunbathing.The Toad has been awarded Fodor's Choice Award each year including the most recent in 2012. They called us the "island's best value" on the Dutch side of St Maarten.This is a No Smoking property. No children under seven years of age, please. We can arrange to have a rental car for your use and stock your unit with food before arrival upon request. There is free high-speed WiFi in all the units and a complimentary computer with internet access and printer in the business center/reception area. Free gated parking on the property. Grocery stores, French bakery, shops and multiple restaurants are within a 5-6 block walk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Horny Toad Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Horny Toad Guest House Hotel Simpson Bay
- The Horny Toad Guesthouse St Martin / St Maarten/Simpson Bay