I spent a couple of night at Mary's and I was impressed by the great view of the Ocean on Simpson Bay.
The beach bar is really nice (live music and cold beer is all I needed). Wifi coverage almost everywere.
The bad surprise was the room. Not clean as I would expect for a 300$ room and the internal garden was very dirty. Early in the morning the planes from the 100-ft-far-runaway started to land and take off. That wasn't a problem for me since I was awake very early in the morning because the jet lag but I guess that if you want to fully enjoy the Carribbean with some rest that would be impossible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- WELCOME TO MARY'S BOON BEACH HOTEL & SPA - recently under new management since November 2012 and now busy updating the entire property and rooms. Please note that many of the room photo's you see online have not yet been updated to show the new rooms. The owners and staff of Mary's Boon Beach Hotel & Spa invite you to experience the magic of our historic hotel on the beautiful island of St. Maarten. A true Caribbean style hotel with all the compforts you expect and in operation since the early 70's. This intimately run St. Maarten Small Hotel is tucked away from the crowds, earning Mary's Boon the soubriquet, "St Maarten's Little Secret". Located on a beautiful three-mile beach Mary's Boon is conveniently near to the action. Great shopping, dining, night life and outdoor activities can be found close by, while affording guests a private haven to return to at the end of each day.If all you want to do is to while away hours in the sun, then Mary's Boon has all the elements to ensure a relaxing break away from the bustle of everyday life. The Hotel offers several types of accommodations, from the very budget minded economy rooms to 1 bedroom beachfront suites and amenities include The Tides Restaurant, bar service is from morning to late evening, and a swimming pool is just step away from your room. The winner of many awards and just voted "BEST HOTEL" in 2013 by the readers of the St Maarten Daily Herald Paper! Lovely tropical gardens and all situated on one of the islands' best beaches. Mary's Boon, a classic Caribbean destination, provides a unique Island experience that has something for everyone! It's the NEW Mary's Boon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Expedia so you can book your Mary's Boon Beach Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mary`s Boon Beach Hotel Simpson Bay
- Marys Boon Beach Plantation Hotel
- Mary's Boon Beach Resort And Spa St Martin / St Maarten/Simpson Bay