Mary's Boon has just been reacquired by a previous owner who seems to be working very hard to improve the facilities. Rooms were being refurbished and outside painting and landscaping being done. We stayed for a few days both before and after our March 2nd cruise. We stayed in a beachside room the first time and the garden room the second time. The beachside room is worth the extra price. Sitting on the deck and watching the water is much better than fighting the mosquitos on the porch of the garden room. The furnishings in the beachside room was much better than the garden room with at least a comfortable sitting chair. The bed in both rooms was most comfortable but the plastic chairs and table in our garden room need an upgrade. Mosquitos were definitely a problem but they seemed to be trying to spray to eradicate them. We had some problems with our rooms - door lock, toilet running - but they were quick to fix the problems. They seem to be working to improve the infrastructure and are planning major upgrades to the rooms. The entire staff was most friendly and accommodating. The bar and restaurant are managed and owned by someone else. My husband says that Lisa fixes the best mojitos around! We ate in Tides during the stay prior to the cruise. Breakfast and lunch were excellent. Some dinners were very good. You can't beat the view of Simpson Bay and the airplanes landing and taking off right next to the hotel is a lot of fun. The resort has rooftop sitting areas so you can get up close and personal with the planes! The seating in the lobby is limited but comfortable. And the large crescent beach is very nice. Umbrellas and chaise lounges are available. This is not your everyday cookie cutter resort. It is eclectic yet comfortable. Taxis are readily available but a car rental would give you more freedom to roam the island. For example, there is a wonderful French bakery 5 minutes away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- WELCOME TO MARY'S BOON BEACH HOTEL & SPA - recently under new management since November 2012 and now busy updating the entire property and rooms. Please note that many of the room photo's you see online have not yet been updated to show the new rooms. The owners and staff of Mary's Boon Beach Hotel & Spa invite you to experience the magic of our historic hotel on the beautiful island of St. Maarten. A true Caribbean style hotel with all the compforts you expect and in operation since the early 70's. This intimately run St. Maarten Small Hotel is tucked away from the crowds, earning Mary's Boon the soubriquet, "St Maarten's Little Secret". Located on a beautiful three-mile beach Mary's Boon is conveniently near to the action. Great shopping, dining, night life and outdoor activities can be found close by, while affording guests a private haven to return to at the end of each day.If all you want to do is to while away hours in the sun, then Mary's Boon has all the elements to ensure a relaxing break away from the bustle of everyday life. The Hotel offers several types of accommodations, from the very budget minded economy rooms to 1 bedroom beachfront suites and amenities include The Tides Restaurant, bar service is from morning to late evening, and a swimming pool is just step away from your room. The winner of many awards and just voted "BEST HOTEL" in 2013 by the readers of the St Maarten Daily Herald Paper! Lovely tropical gardens and all situated on one of the islands' best beaches. Mary's Boon, a classic Caribbean destination, provides a unique Island experience that has something for everyone! It's the NEW Mary's Boon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and getaroom.com so you can book your Mary's Boon Beach Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mary`s Boon Beach Hotel Simpson Bay
- Marys Boon Beach Plantation Hotel
- Mary's Boon Beach Resort And Spa St. Maarten-St. Martin/Simpson Bay