My favorite place in the caribbean. Would not think of staying anywhere else. We try to go to Mary's twice a year. This year we went in March for 9 days. Couldn't get enough so we came back in June and stayed 2 weeks. That was more like it! Through the years we have come to know many of the wonderful people who make this place so special. It's like coming home when you are greeted with such warmth and you just know your stay will be perfect. Even Stripe & Molly were happy to see us! I must say when I read some of the negative comments, I almost take it personally, but people have the right to their own opinion. I watch as guests leave to venture out to other beaches on the island and wonder why - Mary's beach is just so perfect - never crowded, attentive staff, your room steps away. Breakfast and lunch are always wonderful. Dinners can be inconsistent, but the location and atmosphere far outway this. When we do venture away from Mary's - even for the day, we find ourselves anxious to return. It is apparent the work that Mark is doing to improve, there's always a project going on, but I hope they stay mostly cosmetic because Mary's Boon is the real caribbean experience and not too much needs changing! I do miss being able to have a massage though, maybe soon? Don't change it too much Mark! Love it just the way it is....We can't wait to return and maybe we'll squeeze in visit #3 this year - keeping fingers crossed.....my best to Melvin, John, Lisa (keep in touch), Neilia,& Carol, all very special people.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- WELCOME TO MARY'S BOON BEACH HOTEL & SPA - recently under new management since November 2012 and now busy updating the entire property and rooms. Please note that many of the room photo's you see online have not yet been updated to show the new rooms. The owners and staff of Mary's Boon Beach Hotel & Spa invite you to experience the magic of our historic hotel on the beautiful island of St. Maarten. A true Caribbean style hotel with all the compforts you expect and in operation since the early 70's. This intimately run St. Maarten Small Hotel is tucked away from the crowds, earning Mary's Boon the soubriquet, "St Maarten's Little Secret". Located on a beautiful three-mile beach Mary's Boon is conveniently near to the action. Great shopping, dining, night life and outdoor activities can be found close by, while affording guests a private haven to return to at the end of each day.If all you want to do is to while away hours in the sun, then Mary's Boon has all the elements to ensure a relaxing break away from the bustle of everyday life. The Hotel offers several types of accommodations, from the very budget minded economy rooms to 1 bedroom beachfront suites and amenities include The Tides Restaurant, bar service is from morning to late evening, and a swimming pool is just step away from your room. The winner of many awards and just voted "BEST HOTEL" in 2013 by the readers of the St Maarten Daily Herald Paper! Lovely tropical gardens and all situated on one of the islands' best beaches. Mary's Boon, a classic Caribbean destination, provides a unique Island experience that has something for everyone! It's the NEW Mary's Boon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Mary's Boon Beach Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mary`s Boon Beach Hotel Simpson Bay
- Marys Boon Beach Plantation Hotel
- Mary's Boon Beach Resort And Spa St. Maarten-St. Martin/Simpson Bay