Mary's Boon Beach Hotel and Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Turquoise Shell Inn(Simpson Bay)
View Hotel
Travel Inn Hotel(Simpson Bay)
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
All reviewsobservation deckairport runwaygarden viewdogs and catsclose to the airportplanes taking off and landinglow seasonst maartenwhite sandocean frontcable tvthe entire staffsmall poolchairs and umbrellasa king size bedthe main roadrented a car
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We stayed in room #14 and it was great! The nicest thing about this property is that you have easy access to a nice beach, watch the sea and listen to sea which is ten meters away, what was awesome for us! The accommodation gives you a sence of privacy all the time.
The staff was really friendly and helpful. In general the atmosphere at the hotel is friendly and family-style. We had breakfast and dinners in the restaurant and the food was good and the cost was reasonable. We also cooked in the room several times, the kitchenette worked ok.
The beach was fantastic. The only drawback for us was the fact that some dogs owners let their pets use our beach as toilet and left the results of it right in the sand. I had to ask some of them to collect it, but could not secure the beach all the time. I think some signs at the beach might help.
I agree with some reviewers that the bathrooms are a little bit old fashioned. Speaking frankly, it was not a big deal for us although I would have preferred a nicer shower and newer towels.
The wifi worked ok, I used it both in the room and outside.
There is not much space at the parking lot, but, fortunatley, we never had a problem with parking our jeep.
Since the runway is right behind the hotel, all visitors should be ready for the jets sound.
It is a nice place and I would like to come back not once.

Room Tip: I checked all rooms at the hotel and in my opinion rooms #16, 15 and 14 have the best location at the territtory.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Mark C, General Manager at Mary's Boon Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

We are happy to hear that you had a great time during your recent visit to Mary's Boon. We are lucky to have one of the very best white sand beaches on the island and normally not crowded. Almost every day we do have someone clean the beach area in front of the hotel and what the tides and mother natural does not clean we do so this is not really a problem we have heard about. This past year we have been also updating most of the rooms many of which include new kitchenettes and new updated bathrooms. Thank you for your kind words, we do have a great staff that does try to make everyone's vacation and time at Mary's Boon the very best possible. Hope to see you again soon. Thanks

Reviewed 11 January 2014

We were a family of 4 staying in 2 beds. The rooms were nice but the bathroom was like 40 years old and had mosquitoes everywhere.when we opened the back door we had a deck that wrapped around to the front. You were literaly on the beach by taking 4steps. there were 2 dogs 3 cats and 1 bird. the food was good and so was the service. When you walked in or out of the hotel the airport was right there by taking 3 or 4 steps. We waved to the pilots and they waved back. The hotel was towards the end of the runway. if i came back to the dutch side i would come back to this hotel. The last day a guy was cutting coconuts and cut 4 down for our family and 2 more for another.

Room Tip: get room 108
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Ethan W

One of the great things about Mary's Boon and why people I think come to our hotel the most for is the friendly staff and of course the BEACH. Room 108 which you stayed in is a nice corner room with lots of window's overlooking the beach but yes I agree is in need of a bathroom do over which will happen in the off season this year. We have updated many of the rooms and bathrooms this year. Yes I think about everyone knows the mosquitos have been bad this year on the entire Island as we had a lot of rain in late 2013. Its not normally that bad but at sunrise and sunset is when you might see them as you said maybe around your doors,etc so we ask people to keep their doors in windows closed during those times. We do now fog the property a few times each week as needed so I know it will get better in time. The airport being close is kind of fun too, many other hotels some of the largest on the Island are in the area and even just at the start of the runway. SXM airport is famous for its exciting take offs and landings and it is fun to see, not really that busy so any noise is limited and closes most nights by 10pm. Thankfully like you, most people focus on the many many more great things to enjoy about Mary's Boon that make it a great spot to relax. Please do keep us in mind for the next time and we are Happy that you had a good time at Mary's Boon.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

I made a reservation and then my flight got cancelled and they refused to refund any of the money, okay fine less than 24hrs I get it. I had another night six days later that I had to cancel and they wouldn't refund that either. They require 30 days notice for cancellation. If nothing in your life can go wrong and weather is always perfect then this may be the hotel for you, if not then find a different place to stay.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank COlin O

Sorry to hear about the flight problems. Their was really no reason for this to have happened as we are actually pretty flexible in these situations. I can tell you that we have refunded thousands of dollars just recently that would not have normally been eligible for a refund under the hotel policies. I am sure this guest would find that our booking guidelines and refund policy is very common to most other hotels in resort areas but to tend to give a bit more notice to cancel turning our high season when we are extra busy wheh we do lose money when guests do not show up,but its not just about refunding the money as its not that big deal to us as you win some and do lose some. This winter has caused a lot of flight issues and most people do show up sooner or later, if not we do work with them. Also, if its a airline non weather issue the airline will repay for any lost hotel deposits and their is also travel insurance that we encourage our guest to get if possible. In this guest case, the room was cleaned by our staff as normal, the TV was on, the lights were on, the AC going and the night guard had the key if it was a late arrival. All of this awaiting their arrival and the hotel was 100% booked for the night, turning other guests away that were looking for rooms.....no other rooms available at all. However not one call to cancel was received by the guests despite that we do have email, a Free USA number and a toll free 800 number they could have called. I am not sure if this guest even called the hotel to cancel ever or even ask for the refund on the 2nd night. Most likely we would have refunded if they had called with the details of why a cancellation was needed and will refund if they call. A staff member did try to call the guests USA number a few days in a row with no answer so he must of made it somewhere. I understand the frustration of traveling, not getting to where you want to be and having to pay for something that you did not get to use. Its happened to me also with a big hotel chain recently and many others but depending the circumstances we do refund many times. Every company has policies, even his I am sure. If this guest would have showed up I am sure this review would have been like most of the other reviews of happy guests that enjoyed their time at Mary's Boon.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

It as been a while since we were here, we did not actually stay here ,only used the restaurant, which was very good but we were allowed to look round and it looked very nice .a rustic style but wilts in St Maarten recently and talking to people who had stayed there in the last year , they said it was "really good"(their words not mine) The restaurant is veranda style overlooking a long sandy beach and Simpsons Bay This resort is actually right at the end of the runway of Princess Juliana Airport but whilst we were there on three separate occasions , with planes coming in and out, did not find it noisy ,in fact I cannot say I heard any planes at all

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Mark C, Manager at Mary's Boon Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Thanks for stopping by Mary's Boon for breakfast, lunch or dinner. The dining room and bar which is THE TIDES Resturant is leased out and not operated by the Hotel anymore however it is very good and something on the menu for everyone. The hotel has 36 rooms and suites, deluxe beachfront, garden rooms, lower garden rooms and rates for about everyones budget so please to stay with us the next time you are on St Maarten. Thanks again!

Reviewed 30 December 2013

When I say "right on the beach" it is actually right on the beach. Your host Raul is very nice and welcoming. The food is very good and the beach side bar is fun. The beach is the draw. You can walk 10 steps into the ocean, turn around and be sitting back at your bar stool. The bay views are breath taking and the airport is within walking distance. Come and enjoy yourself like I did and see what Mary's Boon has to offer.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family