Mary's Boon Beach Hotel and Spa
US$327
US$180
Hotels.com
Travel Inn Hotel(Simpson Bay)
US$95
Commodore Suites(Simpson Bay)(Great Value!)
US$156
US$150
Atrium Beach Resort and Spa(Simpson Bay)(Great Value!)
US$140
  • Pool
Simpson Bay Resort & Marina(Simpson Bay)(Great Value!)
US$230
US$132
Turquoise Shell Inn(Simpson Bay)(Great Value!)
US$181
Orbitz.com
Simpson Bay Suites(Simpson Bay)
US$136
Orbitz.com
Baker's Suites(Simpson Bay)(Great Value!)
US$156
Azure Hotel & Art Studio(Simpson Bay)(Great Value!)
US$130
La Vista Resort(Simpson Bay)
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsobservation deckairport runwaygarden viewdogs and catsclose to the airportplanes taking off and landinglow seasonst maartenwhite sandocean frontcable tvthe entire staffsmall poolchairs and umbrellasa king size bedthe main roadrented a car
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Recently stayed 2 nights in Simpson Bay before heading off to the French side of the island. If you are looking for a solid beach experience- good frozen drinks, tasty food choices, sun loungers placed neatly on white sand behind azure blue water- then this place does not disappoint. The beach is lovely and I could go on and on about it. Staff is very friendly too.

The property is charming, with rooms reached via nice little garden pathways. I stayed in Room #104, a Jr. Suite/garden view with the pool located just outside my door. 2 persons can make do in the room if you are looking to keep costs down ( rates for these room types drop down to $90 per night in late summer). But really the room is just space enough for 1 person.

Mary's Boon is situated on a nice patch of sand. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

PS. Sundays offer live entertainment right on the beach. Good music and a very chill vibe indeed.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Mark C, Owner at Mary's Boon Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

I want to thank you for your visit to Mary's Boon and happy to hear you had a great time. We are lucky to have one of the best non crowded beaches on the island and a great bar and restaurant. Of our 37 rooms we have 3 mini Garden rooms of which 104 is one of them. Nice but European small with king bed and offered at a little better price than our larger rooms both in the garden or beachfront. Thanks for the kind words and please keep us in mind for the next time!

Reviewed 20 February 2014

I have been in St Maarten for a few years and stayed at a few hotels on the same stretch of beach that Mary's Boon is located. The other hotels were cheaper (30%-50%) and had better accommodations and cleanliness. My room at Mary's Boon cost $180 for one night- the 'Economy Suite' (no breakfast included). The best way to describe it was a 'basement bunker'. There was no natural light. The room had cockroaches, mosquitoes and bed-bugs/fleas (maybe you pay extra for those?!). I do not react to mosquito bites, but after one night in my room the following morning there were large, sore welts all over my legs and torso. The internet was non-existent and it was a 'black-hole' for cell phone service. When I checked out there was no-one to help with my luggage and I had to carry 2x 20kg bags up 2 flights of stairs. If you are planning on staying in the Simpson Bay area (be aware of aeroplanes - if you want peace and quiet this is not the area for you!) and would like a beach front guest-house/hotel try Azure Boutique Hotel or Horny Toad Guest House - both are by far superior in cleanliness and better value for money.

Room Tip: The beach side rooms have a better location but cost $250+ per night (and still no breakfast!)
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Solo-Claire
Mark C, General Manager at Mary's Boon Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2014

I found this review a bit odd and just a little suspicious as I have not been able to find when this guest actually stayed at the Hotel. No problems were ever reported the staff or office as if it was it would have been taken care of right away. From what I can see this was the reviewers first and only Trip advisor review. I find odd that in the review she recommends other cheaper and better hotels yet did not stat there. With that said, I feel bad if this guest had these problems as this is just a very uncommon to get this type of comment and is just not very consistent with most reviews over the past year or so. Not that those types of problem can not happen from time to time as we are not always perfect but to try to please each guests as much as possible. The lower lobby rooms have their own wireless Internet router just outside those doors 15 feet away so good Internet should not be a problem unless the local island provider was not working and if so that would normally be for a short period of time. This is the tropics so some bugs are in the area but just not the normal thing to hear about and certainly not like described as the entire property treated each month by a pest control company. I can say that some people react differently to a change of climate. The room is has described which is a budget lower lobby room which is a level down from the main lobby but does have a high window with natural daylight if you want to open the blinds. The room is fairly large and does have about a 10 foot ceiling with a kitchenette with microwave, sink and mini fridge table and chairs. The rate for that room is $150.00 plus the tax and service that brought it up to $180 per night. In the summer months the rate goes down to $95.00 per night. No breakfast included which again is normally the case at most Island hotels unless you take a all inclusive rate. She arrive in the peak of high season which is a very compete price for that time of year.and the hotel is normally 100% booked 20 nights out of the month during this time period. Many of the largest Resorts and smaller hotels on the island are very close to the airport and the airport is just not a problem with most guests as its not that busy and closes around 10pm. In fact most like to go over and watch the planes land and take off. I find that if we get any negative hotel comments they normally come from one night guests that arrive at night and depart early and book into a budget room and don't have time to see what great things Mary's Boon has to offer. If their ever is a problem if they guest will just tell the staff we will take care of it or compensate them accordingly, that's our promise. Thanks.

Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

MIidy's Boon is located right next to Karacters which means that it is not easy to find, but it is well worth looking for! The beach is gorgeous...long enough for a nice walk with pure white sand, warm water, and quiet yet not isolated making it...perfect! The food is very good; the drinks are strong; the waitress is very nice; the lounge chairs are very comfortable; and the atmosphere is quiet and relaxing.
We visited Mary's Boon more than once during the week we were in St. Maarten and we will definitely return there again. There are rooms for rent there and a spa, but we only made day trips there from our resort.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We stayed in room #14 and it was great! The nicest thing about this property is that you have easy access to a nice beach, watch the sea and listen to sea which is ten meters away, what was awesome for us! The accommodation gives you a sence of privacy all the time.
The staff was really friendly and helpful. In general the atmosphere at the hotel is friendly and family-style. We had breakfast and dinners in the restaurant and the food was good and the cost was reasonable. We also cooked in the room several times, the kitchenette worked ok.
The beach was fantastic. The only drawback for us was the fact that some dogs owners let their pets use our beach as toilet and left the results of it right in the sand. I had to ask some of them to collect it, but could not secure the beach all the time. I think some signs at the beach might help.
I agree with some reviewers that the bathrooms are a little bit old fashioned. Speaking frankly, it was not a big deal for us although I would have preferred a nicer shower and newer towels.
The wifi worked ok, I used it both in the room and outside.
There is not much space at the parking lot, but, fortunatley, we never had a problem with parking our jeep.
Since the runway is right behind the hotel, all visitors should be ready for the jets sound.
It is a nice place and I would like to come back not once.

Room Tip: I checked all rooms at the hotel and in my opinion rooms #16, 15 and 14 have the best location at the territtory.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Mark C, General Manager at Mary's Boon Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

We are happy to hear that you had a great time during your recent visit to Mary's Boon. We are lucky to have one of the very best white sand beaches on the island and normally not crowded. Almost every day we do have someone clean the beach area in front of the hotel and what the tides and mother natural does not clean we do so this is not really a problem we have heard about. This past year we have been also updating most of the rooms many of which include new kitchenettes and new updated bathrooms. Thank you for your kind words, we do have a great staff that does try to make everyone's vacation and time at Mary's Boon the very best possible. Hope to see you again soon. Thanks

Reviewed 11 January 2014

We were a family of 4 staying in 2 beds. The rooms were nice but the bathroom was like 40 years old and had mosquitoes everywhere.when we opened the back door we had a deck that wrapped around to the front. You were literaly on the beach by taking 4steps. there were 2 dogs 3 cats and 1 bird. the food was good and so was the service. When you walked in or out of the hotel the airport was right there by taking 3 or 4 steps. We waved to the pilots and they waved back. The hotel was towards the end of the runway. if i came back to the dutch side i would come back to this hotel. The last day a guy was cutting coconuts and cut 4 down for our family and 2 more for another.

Room Tip: get room 108
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Ethan W

One of the great things about Mary's Boon and why people I think come to our hotel the most for is the friendly staff and of course the BEACH. Room 108 which you stayed in is a nice corner room with lots of window's overlooking the beach but yes I agree is in need of a bathroom do over which will happen in the off season this year. We have updated many of the rooms and bathrooms this year. Yes I think about everyone knows the mosquitos have been bad this year on the entire Island as we had a lot of rain in late 2013. Its not normally that bad but at sunrise and sunset is when you might see them as you said maybe around your doors,etc so we ask people to keep their doors in windows closed during those times. We do now fog the property a few times each week as needed so I know it will get better in time. The airport being close is kind of fun too, many other hotels some of the largest on the Island are in the area and even just at the start of the runway. SXM airport is famous for its exciting take offs and landings and it is fun to see, not really that busy so any noise is limited and closes most nights by 10pm. Thankfully like you, most people focus on the many many more great things to enjoy about Mary's Boon that make it a great spot to relax. Please do keep us in mind for the next time and we are Happy that you had a good time at Mary's Boon.