We had never stayed in near the airport in St Maarten and decided to give Mary's Boon a try since we got a great rate and it was right on the beach.
We arrived at 12:15 and were greeted by a friendly gentleman and a more friendly woman who showed us to our room, which was ready. The room was clean and quite large. It had a small kitchenette. The furnishings were ornate.
We headed down to Karakters for lunch and some beers, but that will be a separate review.
After lunch we headed back to our room and showered, there is a huge walk in shower with a rain head shower. We went to the bar to have some drinks and as a joke my husband asked for diet tonic since that is truly what I drink and the bartender left and came back with it... wow is all I can say. We then moved to the dining room. We sat right at the edge of the rail looking at the beautiful ocean. We had some great escargot that were covered with cheese. An okay Caesar salad. Then our entrees, hubby had chicken, with sliced potatoes and it was cooked perfectly. I had the special... mahi mahi and it was wonderful and beautifully served.
Our king bed was comfortable and I liked the pillow more than most hotels. Air conditioning worked great, I like to be cool while I sleep.
Check out was not until noon which was another bonus.
The beach is nice, the chairs are free and the beer is cold. Lots of shade available.
I would recommend Mary's Boon due to the friendliness and excellent service of the staff and the beautiful beach. The rooms are fine and clean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- WELCOME TO MARY'S BOON BEACH HOTEL & SPA - recently under new management since November 2012 and now busy updating the entire property and rooms. Please note that many of the room photo's you see online have not yet been updated to show the new rooms. The owners and staff of Mary's Boon Beach Hotel & Spa invite you to experience the magic of our historic hotel on the beautiful island of St. Maarten. A true Caribbean style hotel with all the compforts you expect and in operation since the early 70's. This intimately run St. Maarten Small Hotel is tucked away from the crowds, earning Mary's Boon the soubriquet, "St Maarten's Little Secret". Located on a beautiful three-mile beach Mary's Boon is conveniently near to the action. Great shopping, dining, night life and outdoor activities can be found close by, while affording guests a private haven to return to at the end of each day.If all you want to do is to while away hours in the sun, then Mary's Boon has all the elements to ensure a relaxing break away from the bustle of everyday life. The Hotel offers several types of accommodations, from the very budget minded economy rooms to 1 bedroom beachfront suites and amenities include The Tides Restaurant, bar service is from morning to late evening, and a swimming pool is just step away from your room. The winner of many awards and just voted "BEST HOTEL" in 2013 by the readers of the St Maarten Daily Herald Paper! Lovely tropical gardens and all situated on one of the islands' best beaches. Mary's Boon, a classic Caribbean destination, provides a unique Island experience that has something for everyone! It's the NEW Mary's Boon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Hotels.com so you can book your Mary's Boon Beach Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mary`s Boon Beach Hotel Simpson Bay
- Marys Boon Beach Plantation Hotel
- Mary's Boon Beach Resort And Spa St Martin / St Maarten/Simpson Bay