Atrium Beach Resort and Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Travel Inn Hotel(Simpson Bay)
View Hotel
Turquoise Shell Inn(Simpson Bay)
  • Pool
L'Esperance Hotel(Philipsburg)
View Hotel
All reviewsgreenhouse restaurantwithin walking distancegreen housegrocery storebang bang shrimpfull kitchentwo bedroom unitst maartensmall poolwonderful vacationchairs and umbrellasparking garageburger kingpots and pansrented a carocean viewtime share
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I spent a week at the Atrium. .had a terrific time. Resort centrally located, within walking distance of many restaurants, shops.Small beach was nice with free chairs and umbrellas for atrium guests. Fun bar called the Buccaneer right next door with live music. Pool was lovely..a bit cool...but why worry when the lovely ocean is right there! Staff courteous and friendly! Won a door prize at the weekly Monday get together in the lobby with light snacks, music and local vendors. You need to rent a car to tour the island..rates reasonable..get the full insurance coverage.Plenty of places to explore! Beaches are lovely..surf a bit rough at Baie Rouge on the french side.Airport close by..have to experience planes landing and taking off at the sunset bar and grill! What a hoot! You know it when KLM is landing! Room clean and spacious...fully stocked with utensils.We recommend bringing a suitcasenwith dry goods..as groceries are expensive..just bought fresh fruits vegies and meats..if you plan on saving a bit of money by cooking yourself.Several supermarkets to chose from. No complaints about this spot! It was all good:)

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Janice S
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We read mixed reviews about the Atrium-but, as we were only staying one night upon arrival before moving into our rental studios on Orient Beach we decided to give it a try. The price for a room (large, with updated kitchen and bath and a small balcony overlooking the hills) was reasonable for the high season and the location was convenient and easy to locate. Also it offered free parking which is a plus.
The room was clean and the bed comfortable. Check in was easy and the front desk staff friendly and helpful. We had some difficulty using the in room safe and maintenance responded quickly and politely.
The pool area is small but clean and the smallish beach area was well kept and also clean. Sunset was spectacular and a great way to start our fifth St Martin vacation.
The Greenhouse Restaurant was terrific and service excellent (please see a separate review for it)-so much so that we stopped for lunch as we headed to the airport to (sadly ) head home.
For sure, should we need a night or two again we would not hesitate to use the Atrium for this purpose.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back would probably be quieter although those with water views would be terrific.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 March 2014

I felt the pictures that I saw for this hotel must have been taken some years ago, as it was not the place I found when I got there.

The room just felt dirty with all the chips and knocks around the room. When I first went into the bathroom, I thought there was a bug in the bath, but it just turned out to be a big black chip. Whilst the room was spacious, all the future had seen better days. The balcony was unappealing and there weren't even any chairs to sit on anyway.

The "welcome pack" I received just contained a lot of details for time share owners about price increases and was a waste of my time to read.

I was over the reception area and on my first morning was constantly woken up by a phone constantly ringing. Given my location, I would have thought I would have got a reasonable wi-fi reception, but it was intermittent.

I'm surprised at all the positive reviews and double checked I had the right hotel with the right address, maybe I just had a bad room.

The only positive thing I can say is the reception staff were pleasant and the beach is nice.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Katy_Jo
Reviewed 2 March 2014

The hotel is not far from the airport, yet it has it's own beach, not disturbed by the noise. The is a supermarket around the corner and the hotel room includes full size fridge, stove, and dishwasher. Our room is a bit dated but there are updated rooms as well.
Restaurants are plenty and close by.
Car rentals will pick up at the hotel.
Hotel staff friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for view or updated rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank oliverhg
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Loved this location on Simpson Bay! Beach more quiet than others which was great for the six year old. We are timeshare owners and found this property to be a very good value. New furnishings and an attentive front desk staff. Two bedroom with full kitchen was very well furnished -- although a good nonstick pan would be appreciated along with a rubber spatula. Loved the second floor views of the pool and bay. Cleaning staff needs to pay more attention -- room was dusty - and bathrooms need a thorough scrubbing to rid the mildew accumulating. Location on Simpson Bay is perfect - many very good restaurants in walking distance as a french bakeries and The Carasoul l for gelato. Grocery a short walk and held a good selection fruits, vegetables and meats. Beach chairs for Atrium users only and attendant was prompt at setting up umbrellas.

Room Tip: Bay side rooms have the best views - but can be hot in the afternoons.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family