“I will never return to this hotel and my lawyer will let them know.”

Atrium Beach Resort and Spa
Reviewed 12 June 2014

The employees at the front desk were nice but they were only doing what they know witch isn't much for the hospitality industry. I laid on the bed the first night and realized that the bed was old. In the morning I got out of bed and felt a prick. When i moved out of the way 2 springs were sticking out and cut the back of my leg. I wish i could put up the pictures i have. Two deep cuts with black and blues. The assistant manager,Rick Bertin-Maurice was told and never said a word to me until i approached him the day i was leaving and i told him that all they did was cut the two springs showing and flip the bed. There was still springs showing and all Rick Bertin-Maurice told me was that they will put new mattresses soon and sorry. He is a sorry excuse for an assistant manager. There is no WiFi in most of the rooms because 3 of my coworkers could not get it either. My toilet backed up twice. They can be sure i will let the manager and the US based company know how uncaring there staff is. There is to much to choose from in St. Maarten.....

• Stayed: June 2014
5  Thank startonia

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Great price, friendly staff, maid service straightened up our things and folded clothing left astray daily. They assisted with every need and have free beach chairs! The lady on the beach gives a great aloe massage and does hair braiding .

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank michael m
Reviewed 5 June 2014

this was my second stay at the atrium. The resort has made some astetic changes/renovations. I love the large size rooms and ocean view balconies to watch the cruise ships come in, in the mornings. The Atrium is with in walking distance to alot, to include beach, bar, grocery store, casino and dive shop to name a few. It has covered secure parking and 24 security on the compound. The pool is ok, not impressive and the staff always greats you with a smile. The only draw back to the Atrium is the close proximity to a couple of bars that play loud music from 10pm to 2am on some nights. So if peace and quiet are most important to you, you may want to stay else where. If convience, safety and spacious rooms are, than your at the right spot.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jlanglais68
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We're timeshare swappers, and exchanged for a week at the Atrium. We were very impressed. I'll briefly touch on the things we found wonderful about this place:

1) Room quality - we had an 8th floor studio. It was everything we needed for our trip, but had this amazing view that stretched from Kay Bay over Maho and the lagoon, included Marigot and Cole Bay. You could see from the top of the mountain all the way out to the sea. The room appeared to be newly updated, with stainless appliances and glistening white tile grout.

2) Staff - Super friendly staff, and trustworthy. One day, I accidentally left me safe open while out all day. The staff didn't mess with anything, and I felt such a relief at encountering this type of honesty.

3. Access and location - this place is close to so many places. All within 10 minutes, you have some spectacular restaurants. There is a grocery store and liquor store right next door (not the "little shop" that some people compare to a 711... there is actually a brand new full grocery store next door). It's within walking distance to Topper's, Lee's, Bavaria, the Red Piano... all those places around Simpson Bay/Pelican Key. There is a Greenhouse Restaurant on site that offers good 2 for 1 drinks all day. That said, there are enough restaurants/bars to the Atrium, you can literally do happy hour from 11a until 11p by visiting different places.

4. RCI Gold Crown - Sometimes I worry with RCI. I've been some places that were once Gold Crown, but clearly aren't any more despite maintaining the designation. This place was great. The Atrium is exactly what I'd expect from an RCI gold Crown - exceptionally clean, great friendly service, and amenities on site.

5. Beach - The beach at the Atrium was great. Kay Bay tends to attract local families on the weekends, but that's due to the nice calm water, and the gentle breeze that persists in Simpson Bay. Out of all beaches we visited, it seemed to be the most low key... even with two beach bars right there.

Overall, I'd absolutely stay here again. In fact, the Atrium will get 5 stars on the RCI site because I feel that this truly is a 5 star RCI resort. The reason I can't do 5 stars on trip advisor is that we also spent 4 days at Grand Case Beach Club, and while more significantly more expensive, it was definitely a notch above. But for going to Simpson Bay, I really don't think you can do better than the Atrium. It's a nice, clean, well-kept place that literally has the BEST location of all Simpson Bay hotels if your goal is to eat, drink, and be merry.

Room Tip: Most people want a room facing the ocean... but get a room facing west. You'll get a view of the...
Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Jamie B
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Front desk staff were very friendly and we felt safe our whole stay. The convenience store right across the street is stock full of essentials with great prices. We loved the beach and the fireballs they light twice a week. Small improvements could make a big impression - soap dish in bath was broken, shelf in closet broken, tiles in the pool broken. These are minor but detract from a 4 star experience. The activities lady was always on her phone and so we ignored her as well. Be sure to take the shuttle to the boardwalk and then simply take the bus (van) home for a few bucks. Stay the day on the boardwalk by the beach. Bring your towel and sunscreen and buy a $20 deal from any restaurant there. They give you wifi, chairs, umbrella and beers for one great price. We love Sint Maarten and the Atrium was good value resort to make your home base.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Murray L
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My wife and I came to St. Maarten for a well deserved vacation. A close friend of ours that stayed on the island recommend that we stay here. We were on a budget and we got our self's a studio apartment that faced the mountains. The room was excellent it had recently been renovated and we loved the bright and vibrant Caribbean colours in our room. It was very clean and the linens were very clean. The bathroom was clean too. We stayed in room 609. The staff were extremely friendly and were really helpful and knowledgeable about things to do on the island. It's centrally located in the Simpson bay area so you can walk to a grocery store or go out every night for dinner to a different restaurant. We ended up buying groceries so that we could save a bit by having our breakfast in the room. We had a fabulous time on the island and we came home every night to a neat and clean room. Couldn't have asked for more. We will definitely come back and stay on the island.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Travelr7
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here through my mother-in-laws time share with her and her husband. I lmmediately fell in love with the front desk area - there were couches and pillows with tropical colors everywhere and it was all open from the ouside. We stayed In a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom deluxe room with a kitchen and living room. The pool was nice and the hotel is right beside the greenhouse restaurant which is our absolute favorite place to eat in St. Maarten. The staff was really friendly at the hotel and our room was always clean. My only complaint was that our view was facing an empty parking lot and a deserted area. If you plan on staying here just be sure to specify where you'd like your view to be (really the only other view is the street side or the pool and some of the beach (there were a lot of trees) but its better than a parking lot.

Stayed: June 2013
The Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa, St. Maarten
Simpson Bay Suites
Simpson Bay Suites
#10 of 13 in Simpson Bay

Been to Atrium Beach Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!