“Fun times in the sun!!! Casinos at night! Dancing til dawn!”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Simpson Bay
Florham Park, New Jersey
“Fun times in the sun!!! Casinos at night! Dancing til dawn!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

We stayed here last summer and had the most fun ever! We stayed for 10 days, which is perfect for this island. You can rent a car and go to any beach you want! We felt really safe in St. Maarten. The resort itself is absolutely amazing and the people who work here are really helpful. I plan on going back again and am really looking forward to the casino as well as the many beaches St Maarten has to offer!

Room Tip: Try and stay by the new pool
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank yogaprincess41

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (392)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
bayside,newyork
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

let me start by saying i have worked in the travel industry for 15yrs. the first room they took me to was not cleaned yet...it was filthy...and i am sorry but i do not want to see the filth that the previous guest left. they showed me two more rooms... one was at the top of a hill..but i was travelling with an infant.....it would have been way too difficult. when i booked the reservation my room description was "ocean front" i had seen 3 rooms at this point and i still had not seen the beach... finallay, they gave me a ground floor room,( that i had requested prior to arrival) the location of the room was perfect..but the room was outdated ...and only had a/c in the bedroom. and the pull out couch was broken ...( my kids slept on it) we did do the time share tour and the new rooms looked nice. DO NOT EAT or DRINK at the beach bar....the bartender was very rude and it is sooo over pricec $7.00 per beer...just go to the peli deli and buy a case for $23.00. I also found it disturbing while i was on the beach with my children the bartender went on the jetty....and relieved himself...Really...its a family resort.... and did not see him wash his hands.....the island has plenty of things to do....and the beach was nice....but if your looking for something fancy...this is not the place.

Room Tip: i do have to say most of the staff was pretty nice and helpful....other then the beach bar staff..wh...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank mrs.travelpro
Camilo O, Online Reputation Manager at Simpson Bay Resort & Marina, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Dear mrs.travelpro,

I am truly sorry to hear about your experience. We always strive to provide guests with outstanding service and it is always important for us to follow through when this isn't the case.

I tried contacting you to request more information about the incidents you mention but unfortunately I didn't received a reply. Nevertheless, we will review more closely the service provided by the beach bar staff. Please contact me directly in order to have more details about the incident.

Looking forward to your message, please receive my warmest regards from St. Maarten.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

My husband and I are currently here on our honeymoon. We stayed in the newer villas overlooking the Simpson Bay for our first week and this week we are down the hill a little in some of the older villas which are directly on the beach. People keep telling us to rent a car but we have not decided to rent a car because everything we have been recommended to visit for meals have been in walking distance. We have walked to Pineapple Pete's, Lee's, Jimbo's, Zee Best, Greenhouse, the movie theater, and a brand new supermarket. Since moving down the hill we are directly across from The Red Piano, Bon Appetit, an Italian restaurant and a small grocery store. The staff has been nothing less than wonderful to us. You will run into people that want you to view the property in hopes of you purchasing a timeshare, but you decide if you want to do it or not. It's up to you! Simpson Bay's staff has made our experience and our honeymoon so wonderful!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Octavia0222
pocono mtns, pa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

We had two rooms for our week, a one bedroom with a nice view and a studio. Both rooms were clean but had a moldy musty odor. The studio was very bad and we requested another room. Front dest was very helpful. The new one was better but not good. My daughter has asthma and could go in that room. I checked the air vents for the air conditioning and it looked like it has never been cleaned. I cleaned the air vents in both rooms and in a couple of days it was better but not good. The beach was small but very nice. Our room was at the top of the hill and even my kids who run regularly said it was a good cardio walk from the beach up to the rooms. Island I'd go back but find a different resort.

Room Tip: Get into the new renovated rooms. Was told they are very nice.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Camilo O, Online Reputation Manager at Simpson Bay Resort & Marina, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us; your comments are very important and help us serve you better.

I'm glad to read that you enjoyed the service provided by our Front Desk staff. At Simpson Bay Resort & Marina your complete and utmost satisfaction is our top priority; at any time you can request a room change and we will be happy to move you to one of your liking based on availability. I have passed a copy of your comments to corporate management in order to ensure the air vents of all rooms are properly cleaned up.

I truly hope you would give us the chance to welcome you again and show you how we've improved as a result of your feedback.

Warm regards from your home in paradise,

Boston
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

I traded a 5 star timeshare in Cancun for accommodations that were old, worn and very sub-standard. Travelled with my 18 year old granddaughter and didn't want to haggle in front of her so i accepted the suite. The best thing I can say about it was that it was very clean. Furnishings are old and worn and place needs a thorough rehab. The Staff, however, were warm and helpful and location is excellent.

I would not return to this section of the resort but would absolutely stay at the section that is newer and location is very good.

I am mostly disappointed that the resort is run by the Royal Resort chain in Cancun where i own four weeks of timeshare. Someone in their organization is letting things go in St. Martin.
This resort would never pass muster in Mexico.

Room Tip: Make sure rooms are assigned in new buildings only.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Travelfancy
Dear Member:

I'm glad to read that you enjoyed the warm and attentive service provided by our staff. The location is truly something, isn't it? We also love to live and work here. :)

Having said that, I'm sorry to read about your accommodation experience. We are in the process of renovating the whole resort but as you can imagine it will take some time. During the course of this year we started work on the whole 89 units at the Bougainvillea Building; we expect to have them ready by November. During next year (2014) we will work on the whole 85 units at the Beaumontia Building and finally on 2015 we will be working on Flamboyant and Marina building, renovating the whole 88 units.

Next time you plan to exchange your week let us know in advance, so we can assign you one of our renovated units (based on availability).

Warm regards from your home in paradise,

Burlington, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

Wonderful spot. I emailed a month before we came to ask for a room with a veiw of the ocean and I got one!! My husband and I have truly loved our vacation here. Lots to do with restaurants, bars, shops all around the area and within walking distance. The staff at this resort have been amazing and so wonderful to us. I am going to be writing a thankyou letter to one staff in particular who made our stay unforgettable. Awesome vacation!! Hope to come back!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Roxymcrae
St. Thomas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

Still here and lovn' it! When we booked our room here it was by the fluke of getting a deal through Jet Blue. Now that we know it's here, any time we need a room in St. Maarten, this is where we'll be! This placeis huge, and nicely spread out with pools and stores and food all over the place. The location is superb - much nicer than over in Phillipsburg. BUT, if you want that New Orleas type feel, then you'd probably be better off booking something over there. Me, I'll stick to this side, where the view from the room is ten times better!

Room Tip: Don't think there is a bad room anywhere in this place...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Oyster Bay Beach Resort
#3 of 8 in Oyster Pond
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,173 reviews
Sonesta Maho Beach Resort, Casino & Spa

Been to Simpson Bay Resort & Marina? Share your experiences!