Let me say that I explored all the posts on TA and the forums on that web site as well as travelone.com and got the real scoop on this place.All of the complaints about the unrenovated units are true.Knowing this I got in touch with reservations in Mexico where the main office of Royal Resorts is based and talked to the supervisor of that department and found out that I would be placed in the unrenovated "B" bldg. So I told them that it would take housekeeping the same amount of time to clean an unreno "B"bldg as well as an unreno Flamboyant bldg and I would appreciate being put in the "F" bldg so that I wouldn't have to climb those steep hills.They complied,although it was an unreno unit.By 2015,all units will be fully renovated.The complex has a lot to offer in terms of amenities.Many pools and restaurants on property although most are independent of the resort.I recommend a car as the resort are has many steep hills.You can walk a short distance to town and many attractions,but for some you need a car especially when coming back to the rooms from the town.Very steep hills especially when it's in the high eighties and humid.The roads in the resort are in very poor shape with some ruts and broken pavement.Be careful. Last note is that the location is excellent i.e.near the busy area of Simpson Bay.Drive around the Island because there are lots of beaches and also the French side and restaurants.French side uses Euros.You can ask if they do Dollar for Euro even exchange.The water is amazing especially Orient Beach withit's cute restaurants.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a hillside overlooking Simpson Bay, one of the most popular spots on St. Maarten, Simpson Bay Resort & Marina is a peaceful Mediterranean-style holiday village offering comfortable suites and all the services guests could possibly need during their Caribbean vacation. With a sheltered private beach, five pools and colorful gardens full of bougainvillea, hibiscus and Allamanda, Simpson Bay Resort & Marina is a captivating island hideaway where you can enjoy the best family vacation ever. A varied activity program, tennis courts, a spa, water sports, dining and evening entertainment make it a favorite with visitors of all ages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Simpson Bay Resort & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Simpson Bay Resort And Marina
- Simpson Bay Resort & Marina Hotel Simpson Bay
- Simpson Bay Resort & Marina St. Maarten-St. Martin