This resort is okay. We stayed in the Bougainvillea - NOT the villas - furthest away from everything. We had a room with a gorgeous view but it was very far away from the pool and beach and up a very steep hill and there was a lot of construction going on (we stayed in July of 2012). It was very quite though. The room was very spacious, clean and nice with a big balcony. We had a suite with a full kitchen which was very nice and convenient. Because our room was so far away we did not use any of the hotel amenities. There is a grocery store at the resort with great selection.
The resort doesn’t offer anything to do BUT there is a casino and it is very close to town and the movie theater. You can also book excursions through the resort. All though this resort wasn't stellar St. Marteen is AWESOME. The people there are very nice anywhere you go! You can walk around the streets at night with no issues. We walked from club to club and had a very good time. Many places offer 2 for 1 drinks and have live music and great DJs.
The island is small and I recommend getting a car so you can enjoy everything.
Sunset Beach is a must see - planes land right overhead it is amazing. They post a list of times that planes will be landing and taking off- look for the big planes.
Scuba diving here is wonderful!!
The French side is nice - they have a nude beach if you are brave enough to partake.
Just drive around the island and stop everywhere and enjoy - this place is very cool!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a hillside overlooking Simpson Bay, one of the most popular spots on St. Maarten, Simpson Bay Resort & Marina is a peaceful Mediterranean-style holiday village offering comfortable suites and all the services guests could possibly need during their Caribbean vacation. With a sheltered private beach, five pools and colorful gardens full of bougainvillea, hibiscus and Allamanda, Simpson Bay Beach Resort & Marina is a captivating island hideaway where you can enjoy the best family vacation ever. A varied activity program, tennis courts, a spa, water sports, dining and evening entertainment make it a favorite with visitors of all ages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Simpson Bay Resort & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Simpson Bay Resort And Marina
- Simpson Bay Resort & Marina Hotel Simpson Bay
- Simpson Bay Resort & Marina St Martin / St Maarten