We stayed at SImpson Bay through a timeshare swap. The property is in the midst of renovating units, so be sure to ask for one that has already been renovated. Also the construction noise can be a little distracting (they are drilling now at 7:20 am). We originally were assigned a renovated room that was a lock-off of a duplex- it was very small and dark with no balcony. Through the efforts of our concierge we were moved to a much nicer unit.
When you check in you are assigned a personal concierge. Ours (Roschelle) was fantastic. In addition to changing our room she took care of all our needs very efficiently. All the staff were very friendly and helpful.
The property itself is nice, with several clean pools in addition to a nice beach. There are palapas for shade, but be prepared to share one by mid-day. There are shops, restaurants and activities on site. The on site casino and nightclub can use updating- we found them very smoky and not lively.
The location of the property is good- very close to airport, Phillipsburg, and thanks to a new bridge, Marigot and Grand Case.
For timeshare owners, the typical timeshare activities are not as good as we have experienced in other resorts. The manager's party consisted of rum punch or beer, with basically chex mix, which ran out quickly. Entertainment was Karaoke- which nobody really participated in (except for two people who took multiple turns- ouch., and a local "acrobat". Similarly, the welcome breakfast was some pastry which also ran out early, with welcoming speeches mostly geared to how much you can drink.
All in all it was a very nice experience, and will be once renovations are complete.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a hillside overlooking Simpson Bay, one of the most popular spots on St. Maarten, Simpson Bay Resort & Marina is a peaceful Mediterranean-style holiday village offering comfortable suites and all the services guests could possibly need during their Caribbean vacation. With a sheltered private beach, five pools and colorful gardens full of bougainvillea, hibiscus and Allamanda, Simpson Bay Beach Resort & Marina is a captivating island hideaway where you can enjoy the best family vacation ever. A varied activity program, tennis courts, a spa, water sports, dining and evening entertainment make it a favorite with visitors of all ages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Simpson Bay Resort & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Simpson Bay Resort And Marina
- Simpson Bay Resort & Marina Hotel Simpson Bay
- Simpson Bay Resort & Marina St Martin / St Maarten