“Awesome dive experience”

and up
Discover Scuba Diving in Simpson Bay
Ranked #1 of 39 Tours in Simpson Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: At Ocean Explorers we believe that who you dive with is as important as the diving itself… Small groups, personalized attention and a relaxed atmosphere are what we offer on a daily basis. From outstanding reefs to fantastic wrecks, our waters are warm and inviting and the marine life abundant and friendly. Our Caribbean dive shop is located under the waving palms by this tranquil Kim Sha beach on the beautiful Caribbean island St. Maarten.
Austin, Texas, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Awesome dive experience”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

First, I've been a swimming for more than a decade — so I figured my first scuba experience wouldn't be too big of a deal, since I'm used to being in the water. Then I got 5m down and things started going south... claustrophobia set in.

No big deal, because Jeferson was there to talk me down, or rather write messages to me. A few minutes later we were 30m down surrounded by beautiful fish and enjoying the shipwreck. There was a massive lobster tucked away, which was fascinating to see underwater.

I can't compliment Jeferson and his crew enough for making my first scuba experience amazing. I'll be back to complete my PADI certs with them next time I'm back in St Maarten.

“Absolutely AMAZING!!!!!”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Amazing people amazing sights amazing service. I recently did my open water certification with Ocean Explorers Dive Center and the entire crew were exceptionally nice and helpful every step of the way, from the theory through the confined water excersizes and the open water dives. Thank you all so very much for such amazing experiences .

Visited April 2014
Locust Grove, Georgia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great place to go diving”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This place is a great place to go for diving. They are very attentive and friendly, and they offer everything you would need for some great diving experience. After Finishing up my Padi Open water course with them I added another dive and unfortunately couldn't do more dives since I had to fly out the next day. They are reasonably priced and the owners and all the staff are great and make you feel right at home. Once you are diving they keep an eye out for you and make the whole experience and enjoyable and safe experience. Maarten finished my padi training with me and I enjoyed the company the whole staff. They speak multiple languages so if you don't speak English they can still help you in many other languages. When I was there I heard at least 4 different languages (5 if you count an Irish accent). The dives were all great and we saw a lot of sea creatures. Love the experience and will definitely go back to do some more dives. Thanks for a great experience. Thanks to the whole staff

Vermont
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Ocean Explorers Diving-St Maarten”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I just returned from St Maarten and two great weeks of diving with Ocean Explorers. It's always a great dive experience. Small groups, great staff and special diving experiences. This trip
brought sharks, stingrays, turtles, lobsters, crabs just to name a few sitings. Oh and the best one
was a dolphin at the Shark Dive!!!!!
Ocean Explorers is without a doubt the best dive center on St Maarten. Try it, you won't regret it.
Enjoy

Garland, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Service, Service, Service”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

all staff extremely helpful. Comfortable diving and felt spoiled at the end of the week. Great choices of dive sites with lots of photo ops. We were recognized from a previous trip which always makes you feel good. This shop made the decision to return easy and will do so again. Do not miss this experience!!!