“Kids did certification dives and family had a safe and fantastic time!”

Ocean Explorers Dive Center
Ranked #2 of 39 Tours in Simpson Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: At Ocean Explorers we believe that who you dive with is as important as the diving itself… Small groups, personalized attention and a relaxed atmosphere are what we offer on a daily basis. From outstanding reefs to fantastic wrecks, our waters are warm and inviting and the marine life abundant and friendly. Our Caribbean dive shop is located under the waving palms by this tranquil Kim Sha beach on the beautiful Caribbean island St. Maarten.
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Jefferson, Jeremy, Ricardo and Astrid were awesome and so patient and helpful. Our two families of 6 divers did 34 dives total all of us. Each one was very well organized with great and careful instruction. The shark dive was the absolute best. Don't miss it.

1  Thank Baygal2014

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I don't even know where to start, the dive instructors at Ocean Explorers are so much fun and so very attentive. I was a first time diver (almost 50 years old) and they made it so easy and exciting for me and my boyfriend. The dive sites were crystal clear, the equipment was well maintained, and the cute little shop on the beach was well stocked.

The second dive we did with them was a shark dive and I was amazed at the beauty of these majestic creatures and how thoughtfully handled the dive was. I was so close to these sharks that one hit me on the head with his tail fin as he swam by. Also the photos from the dive taken by Ocean Explorers were so good they looked photo shopped.

Oh and if you need your hair done underwater, these guys have you covered! I have hair down to my waist and it came undone during decent and they found 2 zip ties and got my hair out of my face so I could see. They are defiantly a full service team!! Nothing but love for these folks!

1  Thank Jon Jon Y
Reviewed 5 June 2014

First, I've been a swimming for more than a decade — so I figured my first scuba experience wouldn't be too big of a deal, since I'm used to being in the water. Then I got 5m down and things started going south... claustrophobia set in.

No big deal, because Jeferson was there to talk me down, or rather write messages to me. A few minutes later we were 30m down surrounded by beautiful fish and enjoying the shipwreck. There was a massive lobster tucked away, which was fascinating to see underwater.

I can't compliment Jeferson and his crew enough for making my first scuba experience amazing. I'll be back to complete my PADI certs with them next time I'm back in St Maarten.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Amazing people amazing sights amazing service. I recently did my open water certification with Ocean Explorers Dive Center and the entire crew were exceptionally nice and helpful every step of the way, from the theory through the confined water excersizes and the open water dives. Thank you all so very much for such amazing experiences .

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This place is a great place to go for diving. They are very attentive and friendly, and they offer everything you would need for some great diving experience. After Finishing up my Padi Open water course with them I added another dive and unfortunately couldn't do more dives since I had to fly out the next day. They are reasonably priced and the owners and all the staff are great and make you feel right at home. Once you are diving they keep an eye out for you and make the whole experience and enjoyable and safe experience. Maarten finished my padi training with me and I enjoyed the company the whole staff. They speak multiple languages so if you don't speak English they can still help you in many other languages. When I was there I heard at least 4 different languages (5 if you count an Irish accent). The dives were all great and we saw a lot of sea creatures. Love the experience and will definitely go back to do some more dives. Thanks for a great experience. Thanks to the whole staff