“There is a reason they recieved a certificate of excellence”

Passaat Classic Schooner
More attraction details
Owner description: Passaat is a schooner built in 1911 & 100ft long. Unfortunately she sank during Hurricane Irma and can not be salvaged. We would cruise along the St.Maarten coast. No music aboard except for the wind in the sails & water against the hull. Relax & enjoy sailing, gourmet Caribbean food & cocktails in great company was our device.
Useful Information: Stairs / lift, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We were fortunate enough to get on the Passat on the Friday of Regatta to follow the races and we had a blast. Peter and Miriam are beautiful people. Their hospitality was so amazing. Peter explained the races so well that we actually understood what we were watching. They fed us very, very well and there were plenty of drinks. It was such a great day and so worth the money we paid. Perfect is a very apt word to describe our day aboard. Can't wait to sail on the Passat again.

1  Thank Leahsxm
in 5 reviews
"his lovely wife"
"tasty snacks"

Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Our family of 4 adults truly enjoyed our sail into the sunset. Wine, beer, rum punch or sodas as well as appetizers all included. It is a pleasure to be able to enjoy the passion of others and this is one of those chances, don't miss it!

Reviewed 10 March 2014

My girlfriend and I booked this excursion through Island Marketing, prior to leaving on our Celebrity Reflection Cruise, from March 1 to March 8, 2014. We had an unfortunate experience on the previous day, in St Thomas, with regard to an excursion that never materialized, so this was an opportunity for Island Marketing to redeem their good name...They did so with gusto!. Our driver, Oliver, picked us up, right on time (actually 5 mins early) at the cruise pier, exactly where we were told we'd be met. We were driven in an air conditioned van to the yacht basin, where, after enjoying a quick Heineken beer at the yacht club bar, we were escorted to a rubber dinghy, to make the short trip to the schooner. ( I will reiterate what another review said...Do not be afraid of this short ride if you are aged or afraid of water. It is a stable ride, that will QUICKLY get you to the Passaat) Once on board, and having been introduced to the other three couples, the Captain, and His lovely wife, we were off! It was a beautifully scenic ride, highlighted at one point, by a dolphin at our stern for a good minute or two, showing us the way!...The beers were cold (and included), and I and the other folks were all offered drinks constantly and consistently. After a superb sail-powered ride to a local beach, those who didn't have their own snorkels were provided with them, as well as with foam floating "noodles", if they were a little uneasy about swimming. We dropped anchor about 200 feet from a local beach, and snorkeled for about an hour. After that we all re-boarded, and were fed a delicious home made plate of mahi mahi, with sides and drinks. I am 6' 3", and weigh 230 lbs...I can eat! Ther e was plenty on my plate to keep me happy, and did I mention there was non-stop beer? Upon our return trip to the yacht club, we relied on engine power most of the way, and our transportation company back to the cruise ship was phoned and told that we'd be at the yacht club shortly. We were pleasantly surprised that Oliver was there, waiting for our arrival back, and had us back to our ship with time to shop in the small stores located just off the cruise ships. All in all, it was a beautiful, serene, and memorable experience. I would HIGHLY recommend this excursion to anyone looking to enjoy a calm, scenic, conversation filled day trip. 5 STARS!!!

Reviewed 23 February 2014

My husband and I weren't sure what to expect, but the pictures of the ships were fascinating so I had high hopes. We met at the yacht club and took a dinghy out to the ship. After getting on board we were given beverages, later we had some snacks and then followed by a nice dinner after sunset. The boat was very clean and the bathroom facility was also very clean. The hosts were informative and friendly - thank you for a nice evening! It was lovely!

See more reviews
Reviewed 1 February 2014

We loved the sunset tour on the Passaat, a sailing schooner with a very interesting history, and a very pleasant and accommodating Dutch couple managing the boat and hospitality. Reasonably priced (I think $40 per person), including beer/wine/punch and some delicious snacks.

We found a brochure at the Marigot Tourist Information desk and were surprised not to have seen it on Trip Advisor (new to St. Martin??? It was mentioned that they previously did overnight sails but have changed to 2-3 hour lunch, dinner and sunset trips.)

Not the graceful type, I might have been scared off if I'd known one had to board climbing a ladder from an inflatable, but with the expert steadiness provided, I managed fine.

We highly recommend this trip.