“Not as good as expected”
Review of Vesna Taverna

Vesna Taverna
Ranked #8 of 112 Restaurants in Simpson Bay
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: French, Greek, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
New Milford, New Jersey
“Not as good as expected”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We had breakfast here on our final morning. Service was very good. Food was good, especially their breakfast potatoes and the whole grain croissant served with the "French Breakfast." The real downside here was an odor that can only be described as "sewage." That was a definite turn-off while you are trying to eat. I don't know that we will give them another chance.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Lori B
Vesna_taverna, Propriétaire at Vesna Taverna, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear customer, I normally dont answer my review but that I let it go this one, it is very difficult for me leting other people thing that my restaurant smell like "sewage". I will explain myself better!
I call the autorities ones I found out and the people from the marina in the back of the restaurant.
It happend that a pipe broke and that was fixed in one hour.Im very sorry for the incovinience but accident happend and Im sorry again that you couldnt enjoy our restaurant.We never had such a complain ever. In the future you are writting a review like this do not think about your self only, cause my staff working very hard to make happy all our dear customers. But putting our rating down on Trip Advisor and killing all the hard work of my stuff, because of an accident? God Bless you!

New Braunfels, Texas
“Great food! Very friendly service!”
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

We happened on this place by accident but are so glad we did! Food was absolutely delicious! Staff very friendly and accommodating. Highly recommend!

1 Thank kmschin
St. Maarten-St. Martin
“Great food, okay service”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Vesna is a great place for breakfast and lunch for the typical eggs, bagels, sandwiches, burgers, but when it gets busy the service is friendly but goes at a snails pace. as long as you aren't in a real hurry, I highly recommend the place.

• Visited June 2014
new york
“Meant to be!”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

My fiance and I were very lucky to stumble upon this restaurant because we were actually looking for a different one. Vensa is a dynamic character seemingly born to host. Her staff are informative and foodies to be trusted. Her husband is the French Chief that make the most delectable meals! We ate there for dinner and lunch.

• Visited July 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
“WOW, do NOT miss this!”
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

We stopped in for lunch and I had the best falafel in the best wrap, ever. The superb service was topped off by a complimentary shot of homemade banana rum, which we liked so much we bought a bottle. Tonight we went back for dinner and again were extremely impressed. Mahi grilled to perfection, exquisite vegetables, tasty mussels, and superb "pavlova" -- a meringue base topped with whipped cream, star fruit, and berries. And again, outstanding service, topped off this time complimentary shots of a star fruit liqueur. This ranks with the best meals we've had in Paris, San Francisco, New York...

Visited July 2014