“Exceptional Dive Operation”

and up
Discover Scuba in St Maarten
Ranked #4 of 40 Tours in Simpson Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: Dive Adventures, located on the marina of the Simpson Bay resort, formerly known as the Pelican resort, is a full service PADI resort facility offering daily dives, night dives and enriched air (Nitrox). We also offer all PADI courses. Our custom built dive boats offer plenty of sun protection and cold beverages. Our professional staff takes great pride in safety and customer care.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Dive Adventures did a superb job during my recent stay in Sint Maarten. I did 10 dives with them over two weeks and was surprised at the amount and quality of sealife around the island. We saw hawksbill turtles and Caribbean reef sharks almost daily. Eagle rays, spotted morays, Caribbean reef squid and even a scorpionfish highlighted many dives. I've dived in lots of places around the world -- Philippines, Thailand, Indonesia, the Red Sea, Jamaica, Oman and Aruba, among them -- and SXM stands out among them for easy access to sites, interesting wrecks to explore, visibility and marine life. (See attached photos). Overall, I'd say my dives in Sint Maarten compared favorably with my day-trip to Saba, where a did a two-tank series of dives at Diamond Rock and Man o' War Shoals.
Perhaps the best park of my dives with Dive Adventures, based at Simpson Bay Resort and Marina, was the crew. Sandra, Irene, Anne, Gil, Dayne and Soinet were a friendly, professional, top-notch team. They did all the big things right (getting divers safely in and out of the water, spotting elusive sealife like sharks, rays and barracuda, towing a tired diver back to the boat after he got caught in a current, etc.). But they also nailed the little things, like remembering how much weight I needed each time a I got on the boat (sometimes days apart), rinsing my mask just before I giant-strided in, and remembering to hand me my camera when I forgot to ask for it. They treat returning divers like old friends, even helping celebrate the 65th birthday of my dive buddy, George. Even when we revisited a couple of sites, they took pains to point out new things we may have missed the first time. Gill cracked me up underwater "posing" with a little hawksbill! I will always dive with Dive Adventures each time I return to Sint Maarten.

2  Thank DCo1960
in 14 reviews
"two weeks"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed 27 May 2012

I did 3 days of 2 tank dives with Aqua Mania/Dive Adventures from there location out of Divi Little Bay Resort. The staff was excellent, Anne and Sandra the divemasters were great. The capatin did a great job at the sites as well. They really cared about the divers and take pride in their jobs. They couldnt do more for you. The dives itself were awesome, we were lucky to see a shark on every dive. Spotted eagle rays to sting rays, huge lobsters, beautiful coral reefs and wrecks to great bottom time. I've been to a lot of Caribbean islands and must say this outfit goes above and beyond for their divers and diver safety was a big concern for them. I own my own gear and never had a divemaster setup and check to see my gear is in working condition before going out on the dive boat. I must say i wish more shops did this because it cuts out the mishaps that couldve been prevented before you get all the way out to the dive location and discover your bcd or regualtor is not working properly and you cant dive. Thanks again for the great diving!!! Sean

1  Thank MAXWELL5
Reviewed 11 April 2012

This was a great experience and I was glad that I could do it here. Every one was great and I was glad to be able to be certified for PADI Open Water and Nitrox. The dive sites were great and visibility was wonderful. I would definitively recommend Aqua Mania for getting certified. Fish bowl was a great reef and I would love to dive there again as well as the Maze and other sites.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

My daughter and I did 4 dives over 2 days with Dive Adventures in St. Martin. Very friendly and professional staff. One day Gill was our dive leader, the other we were with Irene. Great explanations, they helped us with our gear and told us a lot about the dive sites and marine creatures. I would highly recommend this dive shop and we will definitely dive with them again next trip to St. Martin.