“First Class DM and Captain.” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Discover Scuba in St Maarten
Ranked #3 of 39 Tours in Simpson Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: Dive Adventures, located on the marina of the Simpson Bay resort, formerly known as the Pelican resort, is a full service PADI resort facility offering daily dives, night dives and enriched air (Nitrox). We also offer all PADI courses. Our custom built dive boats offer plenty of sun protection and cold beverages. Our professional staff takes great pride in safety and customer care.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“First Class DM and Captain.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

We just completed 5 dives with Dive Adventures. My husband and I are AOW divers, however, we only get to go on 1 diving trip each year (with about 8-10 dives) so I was feeling a bit apprehensive. Capt.Soinet, Dive Masters Jarno and Melitza could not have been nicer. They went out of their way to make me feel at ease. Their confidence was contagious. They set up and break down your equipment; the service is first rate!! The only aspect which was not first rate on this trip was that the dive shop did not have dive computers or open heeled fins to rent, which I found disappointing.
The Crew of course are not to blame for these shortcomings and are truly awesome!!!!! We recommend them completely. I would also recommend staying in Simpson bay since you can easily walk to the dock before and after dives, which beats driving around for hours each day!

1 Thank NYCMOMof4

White Plains, New York
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 92 helpful votes
“An Extraordinary Team”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

I booked with another dive company in Simpson Bay. However, their other clients canceled and the company did not want to take me out by myself. However, the company booked me with Dive Adventures for my final day of diving on St. Martin.

Dive Adventures is located in Simpson Bay. I stayed at the Royal Palm Beach Resort, which was a short walk to Dive Adventures dive shop. Also, this dive shop has a dock so no wading through the surf to get to the boat.

Once checked in, the team was very helpful to make sure my gear was set up and loaded on the boat. The boat is quite spacious for many divers. On the boat, the team (Capt. Soinet, Milica, Rihno) offered complementary refreshments before and after dives. The team follow all standard dive procedures – boat briefing, dive procedures, dive site history, etc.

There were two dive masters on the boat. We were broken up into two groups to provide a comfortable dive experience. The dive masters pointed out items of interest as we dived. The reefs were full of life and we spotted a few Reef Sharks, Eagle Rays, Turtles, etc. Although, there were two dives as we approached the end of the dive the two group met. Divers low on air were able to go back to the boat with one dive master and the others that had air remaining were able to continue to dive with the other dive master.

I will definitely dive with this team the next time I visit St. Martin. Also, I can forget they offered post dive beers after we complete our second tanks. A fantastic way to sit back and return to shore.

Calgary, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Thrilling Dive with the best shop on the Island”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

Thanks Jarno, Captain Soinet and Demian for a great time! As a single diver with no buddy I was hooked up with a small family and a dive master Jarno. The colors we amazing! The Fish Bowl was my fave dive spot but both were excellent. Many sharks, 2 eagle rays, lobster and fish and corral that will blow your socks off. The boat was fast, the staff friendly and the price was decent. I will dive with this team again!

Melbourne, FL
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great week of diving”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

We had a great week of diving with Capt. Soinet, Jarno and Milica. What a great dive crew to be with. They look out for your safety, but are fun and personable to dive with. Great concierge diving, Jarno and Milica lead great dives, change over your gear and help you in and out of the water. First class diving all the way. Capt. Soinet knows all the best dive sites and does a great job getting you there and back safely. He even keeps the Bob Marley playing on the boat.

Manitou Beach, Michigan
“Terrific dive experience at St Maarten”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

The crew at Dive Adventures, Simpson Bay, St Maarten was outstanding. We have had over 350 dives at various islands and Dive Adventures was one of the best. Safety first!! Milica and Demian were always helping us and checking on the group. Captain Soinet stayed on the boat so if someone needed to come back onboard early they could.

There was camaraderie and friendliness while at the same time efficiency. Thye switched, secured and checked our equipment between dives. We had refreshments of soft drinks and water before, between and after dives.

First time ever we were offered beer on our way back after the last dive. Wow did that taste awesome.

Visited April 2014