“The best restaurant at Simpson Bay”
Review of Bon Appetit

Bon Appetit
Ranked #24 of 115 Restaurants in Simpson Bay
Price range: US$5 - US$29
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Bon Appetit is a beautiful little French restaurant located in the heart of Pelican Key in the Simpson Bay Resort. Located directly across the street from the Hollywood Casino parking lot and The Red Piano. Opened in December 2009 serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner Bon Appetit offers a wide variety of classic American breakfasts in the morning, gourmet sandwiches at lunch, and classic French Dishes and vibrant daily specials in the evening. The restaurant opens daily at 7 AM with fresh pastries, breakfasts, and coffees for dine in or takeaway. Breakfast is available daily until 2 PM. After a morning on the beach get out of the sun and come in for a light lunch and a refreshing cocktail. As the sun sets Bon Appetit is just getting started with live entertainment starting nightly at 6:30 PM featuring a wide variety of entertainers playing a great variety of songs perfect to complete the atmosphere for a fantastic dining experience. Every evening Bon Appetit offers a list of fresh specials from classic French dishes to Caribbean classics with a French twist. To compliment the food, Bon Appetit also offers a superb wine list boasting a selection of wines from all over the world. For the cocktail drinker Bon Appetit also features a fantastic specialty cocktail list. The cocktail list has many classic drinks as well as great house specialties like our Kettle One Mango Martini and our House signature French Champagne Martini. Come in and enjoy our fantastic food, entertainment, service, and ambiance right on your doorstep. Bon Appetit is open from 7 AM daily until at least 10:30 PM during the week and 11 PM on weekends.
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We ate twice in this restaurant during a week, and both times it was a great experience. Chef makes food exceptional and we loved service, too. Staff is very friendly and energetic, with a great sense of humor, creates homey atmosphere. Live music nightly, outdoor seating, small place ad comfort feeling. We like every single dish we ate, but I would like to mention especially vegetable ragu (side for meat dishes) and outstanding chef's special ice cream which resembles what I ate in my childhood. Prices are moderate considering quality of food and service.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We stopped in here for a quick breakfast on the way to the airport after checking out of the adjacent Flamingo Resort.

Like almost everything else in SXM, it was not a cheap breakfast, but was good for what you got. I went for the American breakfast and it was tasty, especially the nicely crisped bacon. Their coffee is pretty good as well as it was full bodied and not the cheap hotel lobby kind.

We at outside and it was nice since we had a beautiful morning, though the noise from the road that you are literally on can be a bit loud when the traffic gets going.

My only complaint here was the water. I had asked for water (expecting tap, but you really do have to clarify) to accompany my coffee and they brought me out a small bottled water, which I discovered can go from anywhere between $2-$5! So I politely alerted the waiter that I actually wanted tap. He said they did no have tap, only bottled. Really? So you are telling me there is absolutely no way to get complimentary water at your fine establishment? I find this just impossible to believe as every other place I had been to in SXM in my 4 days on the island will bring you tap if you request it. Being forced to pay $3 for a small bottle of water is just ludicrous and thus they were docked from Very Good to Average as this is a biggie for me.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

My husband and I ate dinner on 6/16/14. We had the snapper stuffed with crab meat. The sauce was light and delicious. It's a must have meal. Marcia!!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We went to Bon Appetit on our final night and we wished we had visited much earlier during our trip. Easily the finest meal we had during out stay on the island. The service was wonderful. If it wouldn't have been undignified, we would have licked the plates!

Reviewed 21 June 2014

We loved this little restaurant. We went there almost everyday for breakfast while in St. Maarten. The staff was great and the food was fabulous. The coffee is great and the pastries are wonderful!! We went there once for dinner and it too was fabulous.