“Superb”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 March 2013

We heard about Valentino's from our hotel owner and decided to give it a try. As we entered there was a table of six people who told us to try the lasagna. After having dried out lasagna at Izy's I ordered the lasagna so I could compare. There was absolutely no comparison! Valentino's lasagna is absolutely delicious. We went to eat there 3 times out of the 12 days we were in St. Maarten. All 3 times we had wonderful meals. Ricardo, the owner, is reserved but efficient and really cares about his restaurant. Our last day in St. Maarten we told him we would be back for dinner and he told my husband to try the mussels. Delicious and there were a lot of them! The restaurant is in the Simpson Bay Yacht Club and is small so it's not usually crowded, except our last day when it was totally full. Go to Valentino's to eat - it's wonderful!

Reviewed 14 March 2013

I like this place for 2 things,theh
e food is excellent,eggplantparm is my favoritem wine selection aswell...
I ve bee there twice,my friends were very happy to discover that place

Reviewed 7 March 2013

Valentino's is a must go to in St. Maarten. Ricardo and Linda are gracious and welcoming hosts who, with their new chef, serve wonderful classic Italian meals. I have gone there twice a week every trip to ST M and those trips are three times a year for the past 6 years.

The menu is somewhat small, but the selection and taste keep me coming back for more. This year, four visits to date, I've had: spaghetti w/ porcini mushrooms and spinach, linguini w/ seafood, chicken parmigiano w/ spaghetti, and off the menu, pasta w/ garlic and oil extra spicy! And, I always have a glass or two of good house wine, bread and occasionally an appetizer.
If you don't see a favorite of yours just ask and if the ingredients are there: no problem.

The restaurant is small and usually there's music/video playing among the 100+ photos of movie stars(Rudolph Valentino-get it?). Yes, it is slightly difficult to find, but it is in a busy and safe location. It can be empty during low season, but you will still get what you pay for and more.
Last visited March 5, 2013

Reviewed 17 February 2013

Since I am of Italian descent, I find it difficult to find an Italian restaurant that makes food to my liking. This one is definitely on the list, which is rather short! We both had pasta with a bolognese sauce, perhaps the best I've tasted in a restaurant. The waiter was very attentive and the owner made sure that we were comfortable and happy with everything. This is definitely a restaurant that we would recommend!

Reviewed 17 January 2013

We were handed a coupon on the beach for a free glass of wine, so we decided to take our friends. The owner was our waiter. Not very pleasant! So we all ordered and were waiting for our wine. When the wine arrived it was very insulting!! It was a drip! So we thought it was free so who cares.Then the food came and the pasta was such a small portion for the price that we were hungry when we left.That will be out last trip to Valentino's!