“Outstanding Food and Service”

IZI Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #6 of 115 Restaurants in Simpson Bay
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We were there twice. Each time I ordered off of the Summer Specials menu. Normally I order the pasta but the specials sounded amazing. For $34.95 I had an appetizer, main course, and dessert. All were excellent. The tiaramisu was fabulous. Marco has done a great job with the food and staff. We will return next year.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,177)

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Go have a retro Italian experience in the Caribbean no less. Decor is tastefully yet VERY differently done for any restaurant you'll visit on SXM. You won't even think this is Italian from the outside. But once inside, the unmistakable smell of garlic takes over. The bread is awesome, I had lasagna which I re-ordered 3 days later, and my wife said the mussels were "out of this world." IN the middle of dinner, the lights went out and we thought there was a poer outage but then, all of a sudden, a spinning disco globe illumiontaed and Bose speakers came to life all over the restaurant making thew place come to a new "life." It was someone's birthday! And what a way they celebrate. Of course we stopped eating to take it all in with the flaming candle, disco music, and Happy Birthday chant. If you've got a little one with a birthday and love Italian food, don't miss IZI.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Who'd have thought you could talk me into eating Italian while in the Caribbean...on a French/Dutch island at that...but we did and we were very glad we did. The food was outstanding...nothing overly fancy (at least what we ordered) but it was excellent. I'm a purist for Italian...so if you can amaze me with spaghetti with meatballs then you must be pretty good! We both ended up with to-go boxes too...lots of food, good wine, and good service. Definitely on my "go back next time" list!

Reviewed 12 August 2014

I just returned from St. Martin and had dined at IZI. It was modern decor,all red and white. Prices were extremely reasonable for St. Martin, and there were many families eating dinner there. Food was wonderful. There were many types of pasta and sauces, along with regular chicken, shrimp, or veal dishes. It was an extremely enjoyable experience and I can't wait to go back! Great for families, friends, couples, business, or solo!

Reviewed 3 August 2014

5 nights 5 restaurants with good TA reviews and by far IZI has been the best so far. We had two different risottos and both were really good, excellent appetizer and the best tiramisu we have ever had. The service was even better! Really good value and extremely organized staff. We highly recommend IZI.