The facilities are definitely the largest you will find on the island for that price. Be aware that their website description is extremely subjective. Whomever made their webpage went a little crazy with the adjectives..."ultra modern grand" and "plenty of onsite amenities" are true by island standards, but do not mean the same for the typical business traveller. The rooms are a nice 1-room flat, full kitchen, large bathroom, and unbelievable closet storage. TV has the usual choice of channels, including HBO. Relatively clean room with newer furniture. That's the good part. The bad part? You need to remember that it is an island hotel. Hot water was not on order for my 2-day stay. WiFi means wireless, but not here. It means you can plug into a router for occasional service at dial-up speed. There is a small shopping complex across the street that is busy until late at night. Not too noisy until the morning delivery trucks arrive at 5. And for the American traveller, don't forget that smoking is still an acceptable pastime here, including indoors. The lobby staff were very nice, but expect to walk out of there smelling like a bar. Heavy, heavy smoke. Overall, if you need a place to lay down and take a quick (cold) shower in a safe, comfortable building, this is fine. If you are looking for a vacation place, pick a resort on the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Simpson Bay Suites where you can make one of our one, two, or three bedroom suites your home for a week or beyond! Simpson Bay Suites invites you to relax and unwind in your own personal suite whether you are a family relocating to the Caribbean, a business traveler, vacationer, or just making a new start. A hybrid between a typical hotel and an apartment, our suites are designed to be comfortably spacious, and equally affordable for any budget. Simpson Bay Suites is located between the island's two capitals, Marigot (French Side) and Philipsburg and is a short 4km (2.5mi) from the Princess Juliana International Airport, Saba Ferry, and the famous Maho Beach. Within a few minutes walking distance, you will find restaurants, water sports/activities, convenient stores, business center, commercial banking, breakfast cafés, the Yacht Club, and some of the top recommended night life in St. Maarten. Don't have a rental but want to get around? There are local pay buses nearby that can take you to either downtown on the Dutch or French Side. Our suites include many amenities. They feature a full sized kitchen, dining & living areas and include amenities such as kitchen appliances, stovetop oven, fridge, kitchenware, cable TV, hairdryer, safe, plus WiFi. Each suite has a large balcony face the front of the building. Simpson Bay Suites has the conveniences of a hotel, with all the comforts of home. We welcome you to make us your home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and Ebookers so you can book your Simpson Bay Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Simpson Bay Hotel Simpson Bay
- Simpson Bay Suites St Martin / St Maarten