“HANDS DOWN THE BEST”
Review of Simpson Bay Suites

Simpson Bay Suites
Reviewed 7 January 2014

After the hell i went through with "Mecure""Motel" in St.Martin I was real hesitent of even coming back to the country, the ppl was rude hotel in shambles and I could not believe I was on such a beautiful island that mad. But then I did more research and decided to go with Simpson Bay Suites and it was like I never been to St.Martin and was being reintroduced for the first time. I Did appoligze to the Front Desk Staff after I came off quite defensive(and had every right to be) but after he said we'll let everything speak for itself and it Really did! The Room was AMAZING(NOTE***When you book Book on the UPPER Floors The Higher the Better I was in Room 609A/B) Beautiful View of the Bay with Boats floating in there All Night Perfect view of the HUGE illuminated Pool Shopping and restuarants on the lower level, bars and lounges right next door(VERY AFFORDABLE FOOD AT THE PIRATES RESTAURANT BAR) Hookah Lounge down the road and it's real close to all the action via taxi(about a 5min drive and like $20-25) 24 hour bar restaurant down the road theres so many advantages to being in this location I can keep going lol, also Note***If you read any bad reviews thats because the ppl booked their rooms incorrectly Down the road is an extention of the simpson bay resorts but it's extremly outdated and as the same situation like Mecure if anyone is a newbie to this island the term (DELUX) room really means (UPdated Rooms) the main building is 100% updated if your detached from the main building then you decided to go cheapo and got exactly what you paid for! Staff Extremly Kind and the House Keeping is so on point its damn near irritating lol they have shuttles available and the security is always ready to assist you and make sure noone that shouldn't be in the resort is there it's very safe. like i said before I can keep going lol but I hope this helps anyone out thats looking for the right price right location right enviornment etc...Oh yeah and the beach is through the pirates restaurant which isn't too far of a walk at all the resort has a beautiful rocky backdrop leading into the ocean I even swam from the rocky part to the beach was a great workout!

Room Tip: Make sure your in the Main building in the Upper Rooms All Rooms are ocean view so the higher the be...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank TheGlobalGrassHopper
There are newer reviews for Simpson Bay Suites

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Prime location.. I had the pleasure of speaking to Mohammed regarding my stay and room for improvement. The kitchen, living and bathroom were decorated tastefully. The rooms was very clean. I felt for the money in prime season on the island was reasonable. A very short walk and you were on the beach and the Greenhouse restaurant.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank SXMSnorkelgirl
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Read the reviews before I booked and now, after staying here I realize that most reviews here are for Simpson Bay Resort and not Simpson Bay Suites. Hotel looks new, rooms need some work! Since we had my daughter celebrating her birthday and friends would stay over, we stayed in the 3 bedroom suite. Nice, but not worth the money we paid for it. All in all it is ok for one night, I would not stay there beyond that. Staff is really nice but rooms itself need a lot to be desired.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Alisaba65
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Love this place have a timeshare here and the people who work here all over the resort from the front desk to the beach or pol bar are the friendliest people and always want to go out of their way to make you Happy and your stay a pleasant one. The entire Island is friendly!!.

The resort is kept in good condition the beach is absolutely beautiful!! We have an great view from our balcony! the resort has everything you need and if not walk down the hill and get what you need at the local grocery store. Not far from the airport or Philipsburg for some shopping where you can get some great deals. Love coming back every year the people at Simpson Bay and the Island make you feel at home.

Room Tip: All have been renovated so you can't pick a bad room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Michelle W
Reviewed 8 January 2013

On my first night, the hot water was not working, reported iit and it was supposedly fixed,
On my return to the hotel I discovered that the water heater was still not working.
Two nights, no hot water. Not staying here again

Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Andrew D
Reviewed 26 April 2012

We were three couples booking two rooms at the end of our sailing charter. One of the couples cancelled one of the room reservations due to a family emergency, and the other two couples stayed at the hotel. Upon returning home, we checked our records and saw that we were double charged for the rooms; charged on site for the rooms that were used, and again charged for the so called "no-show" even though one of the rooms was used. I explained this several times to the management without avail. It's too bad, because the couple who stayed liked the rooms and location, but with all the options in St Martin, I would never stay here again and would never recommend this place.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank jackzav
Reviewed 2 February 2012

The hotel was better than we expected and the owners were really very nice and polite! BUT, there was no hot water in the shower! A basic necessity which was not available. Other than that the rooms are spacious BUT not well maintained. Apparently this is a newer hotel, so I can't imagine what it will be in a few years.
We really should get our money back for the discomfort we experienced!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has HOT WATER!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
#1 of 13 in Simpson Bay
Flamingo Beach Resort
Flamingo Beach Resort
#1 of 6 in Philipsburg

Been to Simpson Bay Suites? Share your experiences!